Chapter 15: The Grand Leader

Denki Kaneko, the Grand Leader of the Renegades, is at his subdivision unit, checking on his laptop for updates and important messages relayed back to him from the High Leaders of the Renegades.

He cautioned the High Leaders against holding the Masquerade Ball, but they blatantly disregarded his advice upfront and held it anyway.

Their Masquerade at the Fujiwara mansion ended up in total disaster, and as a result, the Renegades got weakened.

Denki knew that the spies sent to infiltrate and disrupt the Masquerade did it on the orders of the Premier.

He also knew that the Premier took advantage of the chaos that ensued right after, to inflict serious damage on the Renegades.

The High Leaders must think of ways to steadily regain their lost strength.

Denki had to play a hand in the security of the Renegades, while the High Leaders are occupied.

He won't let the group he created to oppose the Premier fall that easily.

He'll not go down without a serious fight, and a fight to the death it is.

After he finished checking for important messages, he called one of his 13 assistants on his cellphone.

"Hello, Yamato Hirayama. This is Denki speaking."

"Hello, sir Denki. What made you call at an hour like this? Do you have something important to say?"

A male voice replied on the other end.

"Straight to the point, as always, Yamato. All right, I'll get straight to the point. As you've noticed, the Renegade Factions are currently weakened because of the mistakes they did at the Masquerade held in the Fujiwara mansion a few days earlier. "

"What are you implying with this, sir? I still have a lot of stuff to attend to, so spit it out, and get on with it."

"The point is, you can't afford to make mistakes in helping to handle the security of the Renegade Factions. If you, do, I'll come after you and kill you and your merry little 12 friends myself. "

"Sir, rest assured, we won't fail you."

"We shall see. As for your other friends, I'll have to dismiss them, as there are only 6 High Leaders of the Renegades remaining. And, tell those you contracted to supplement the security of the Renegade Factions that there's been a change of plans. They are all dismissed. "

'But what about their payments, sir? And what about the security of the Renegade Factions?"

"I've already handled it. And I also found a more suitable replacement for them. I hope you get along well with them and make sure they do their work properly. You can dispose of them when you find out they aren't doing their work."

"Yes, sir."

He then went to the kitchen to reheat the beefsteak he placed on the refrigerator.

He also popped open a bottle of beer.

After he finished in the kitchen, he went to the living room carrying a tray with reheated beefsteak and beer on the tray.

His flat-screen smart tv switched open.

He placed the food tray on the glass-top sofa table.

"Sirius, connect the flatscreen television to the Bluetooth speaker. While you're at it, switch Netflix on, and play the fourth episode of Money Heist."

Then he started eating and drinking while watching the series.

He still remembers his dark, tragic, and not-so-clean past.