Chapter 10: Initiation Rites

There is a hustle and bustle of activity inside the function hall as a solemn ceremony is about to begin.

Everyone put on a light blue cloak with a woman wearing a Greek war helmet on her head, and an eagle perched on her shoulder painted at the back of the cloak.

The front side is plain, except for a badge with the emblem of a woman wearing a helmet in the front and a hawk at the back of the emblem, at the upper right side of the cloak.

The badges of the elite unit are purple, which signifies nobility.

"O Hermes, the god of space, grant us the power to appear from one place to another."

Everyone in the function hall chanted together.

A few minutes passed before they disappeared and reappeared at the auditorium, which was prepared in advance for the initiation and emergency meeting.

The auditorium is sound-proofed so no one from the outside can hear what's happening inside except for the members present.

The level of secrecy goes to such an extent that only the Order of Athena has the right to know what's going on inside.

Customized trackers are placed on the members' gadgets to ensure nothing leaks to the outside world.

What's inside the auditorium can be described as a luxury only the rich can afford.

Vanishing and self-rearranging leather chairs with armrests, headrests, and even a footrest rearranged themselves into rows and rows in front of a stage.

At the center of the stage is a lectern with a wireless microphone, and a wireless headset attached to the top of the lectern.

At the slanted top of the lectern are engraved these Latin words:

"Scientia, Honor, Nobilitas

Haec bona conserva si superstes est Ordo Athenarum.

-Athena"

Translation:

"Knowledge, Honor, Nobility

Preserve these values if the Order of Athena is to survive.

-Athena"

There are also seats on the side of the stage near the lectern.

Behind the seats is a purple throne.

Everyone except for the Premier, Denver, and the Entire Elite Unit took their seats and put on the wireless headsets placed on the leather seats.

The Premier, Denver, and the entire Elite Unit went up the stage.

The Elite Unit and the Premier took their seats while Denver stood up, ready to deliver a speech at the lectern.

Denver removed his ceremonial military cap, put it on the lectern, put on the wireless headset, and picked up the microphone.

"Ahem. The initiation rite is about to begin. Can I get all of your attention?"

The chattering immediately died down and all eyes focused on Denver.

"Good day everyone. I'm sure you already know the reason why all of us are here. Without further ado, let's proceed straight to the initiation rites."

The Premier motioned for all the members of the Elite Unit to stand in front of her.

"Hello everyone. I'll take the lead for the initiation rites for today. Let's start chanting."

Then everyone stood up, stayed where they are, and started chanting.