Power

At this point, the Orb had been gone for four days.

Society has crumbled. The government has little to no control over the citizens, and it is complete anarchy. Our planet was very heavily reliant on energy, so without the Orb, everything has gone wrong. 

While trying to think of solutions to this problem, we came to a realization.

Post-it still has powers.

Everyone that was affected by the orb lost what power they had, big or small. Post-it, however, kept his powers. My powers have diminished greatly, but I still have them too.

Some scientists visited us today, bewildered by how Post-it kept his powers. He doesn't know, none of us do. 

"Fascinating. Your DNA seems... different from the rest of us. Those of us who had powers from the Orb have the same DNA, but yours is different. It seems very similar to the Orb itself." says one of the scientists.

He turns to me. "Same with you."

Post-it manages to grab his attention. "Why is this important?" he asks.

"Well, the planet has been looking for a new power source, something that comes even remotely close to the power that the Orb held. Your power is great. Can we use your body?"

Post-it hesitates for a second. We're all taken aback.

"You can't use a PERSON as a power source! That's incredibly inhumane!" I yell in response.

Ramen almost immediately tries to fight the scientist, but Post-it weirdly holds her back. Is he actually CONSIDERING it?

He turns back to the scientist. "Is there anything in it for me? Any... rewards, or anything?" he asks.

"Oh, if you participate and help us, we will reward you handsomely."

He thinks for a moment before turning to me.

"What do you think?" he asks me.

I stumble over my words, not sure of what to say. 

"I- I mean, I... guess that it might be worth it?" I respond.

He nods, grateful for my opinion, before turning back to the scientist.

"I'll do it."

The scientist rejoices. "Splendid! We'll get back to you in a few days and you can begin." he says as he walks away.

Post-it waves him off before turning back to the rest of us. "I know this doesn't seem like the best decision, but I'm doing this for the good of the planet. We may all die if I don't, what other choice do I really have?" Post-it asks.

Ramen and Walkie-Talkie are angry. Ellmus doesn't want to respond, and neither do I. I told him that I thought it would be worth it, but I didn't really agree. I didn't know what to say.

...

I've never known what to say.