Friends to Family

I had gone to Post-it's meetings for a while, and since I had no parents, the meetings were basically the only places where I felt safe, and those four people felt like my family. They were more than just friends now. After two years when I came into the friend group, there started to be more talks about the politics of our city, and that was all they talked about. I didn't pay much attention to exactly what they talked about, though I did hear that they were talking a lot about our main exhibit that is just in a pit. They talked about moving the Doggus Orb. I sat with them and just nodded and pretended like I was paying attention, but when I heard that for the first time, that was when I actually started to pay attention when they started to talk about politics. This was a big deal at the time, because nobody had ever attempted anything like this. The five of us knew that taking away the source of everybody's powers, the crime rate would go down and the city could start to be peaceful. I was confused at the concept, but at the same time, I completely understood. I went home to my box after the meeting and held Sweet in my hands as I worried. I wondered what would happen when the Orb went away, and where it would go, and what would happen to the place it went. I worried that my only friends, more like my family, would go to jail and never come back. The next day, they had a meeting and I tried to convince them that this wasn't a good idea, but they didn't listen to me. They were perfectly fine with risking their lives, and the lives of everyone around them, in order to technically save everyone. I went to the next meetings as they discussed more about it, and then a few days later, we had our fateful meeting where we got yelled at by cops for the first time. I went to Ellmus' house and I got to see what it was like living in the middle class. I was completely content with living in the low class, but seeing this was like heaven. Now, maybe Ellmus' family adopting me wouldn't be such a bad idea.