Chapter 29

"Congrats, Ky!" I excitedly said as I walk near the bench.

They won! The game was so intense and nag overtime pa sila kaya kahit ako kinakabahan kung sino mananalo.

I was surprised when he suddenly hugged me. Biglang maraming cameras ang nakatutok sa amin and I almost got blinded by their flashes. Hindi na ata ako sanay sa harap ng camera.

"Thank you, Bel! You're part of this championship!" He happily said. I just smiled.

I know how Kyler and his teammates worked so hard to maintain their title. Aalis si Kyler na champion sila! UST also did a great play, I'll give them that.

"Sorry! I'm sweating pala," he chuckled. I tapped his back and smiled at him.

"It's okay. You did well, Ky. I'm proud of you!"

He stared at my face for a few seconds. I couldn't read what's on his mind because he's just staring at me intently. He, then, gave me a sincere smile and tapped my head a little. Umalis na siya after that to go to his teammates. The awarding will start kaya bumalik na ako sa seat namin.

"That's a sure way to confirm the boyfriend rumors," Gab commented.

I looked at her. "We're friends, Gab. Don't give it another meaning."

"Let's focus on the awarding, shall we?" Adri smiled at the both of us.

I'm with the 2 Atenean med students. Buti nga, napilit kong samahan ako. At least, Gab won't mind going but si Adri need ko pang i-convince ng slight. I actually messaged the group kung sino pwedeng sumama sa akin and Theo told me to go with Adri since need daw mag pahinga kahit kaunti sa studies si Adri. We all know she's pressured in studying and her relationship with her Dad is not that good kaya parang she's proving something din. Convincing her to go out and do something na malayo sa studies is my way of comforting her.

I smiled and clapped my hands as they announced Kyler's title as the MVP and finals MVP naman 'yung isa pa nyang teammate. They deserve it! Umalis na kami after the awarding and I just texted Ky kasi may mga interviews pa siya and later ata may victory party pa sila.

"Let's go clubbing," Gab suggested while we're eating dinner.

Adri immediately shook her head. "I don't want. I'll go home na."

"Babe, we've been in front of books for months now. Please, please, let's drink."

I chuckled. If I continued going to medicine, baka same kami ng sentiments ni Gabby. I opened my phone and texted our group chat. Maaga pa rin naman para umuwi. Besides, gabi ang start ng taping namin tomorrow so pwede naman ako uminom kahit kaunti.

Theo: kakainom niyo lang last week, ah! maawa naman kayo sa mga atay niyo!