My Ex-Husband pt.1

Brandy

I saw him. I swear I saw him. But only for a second. Charlotte grabbed my attention as she shrieked when an ice cream truck passed right by us. When I looked back over my shoulder he wasn't there anymore. I kept telling myself that I was just seeing things. That he wasn't there.

"Brandy, we are going to be late. Let's go." Julian shouts as he comes through the front door. I still felt horrible about the other night. Julian barely gave me a second glance when he returned in the morning. "Brandy!" He comes into the bedroom where I sat on the bed. "Why aren't you ready? I've been downstairs for the past twenty minutes."

"I don't think it would be a good idea if I go. I haven't seen either of your parents since the incident besides Denim is going to be there. I rather not ruin the moment with my presence." 

Julian rolls his eyes. "It's just going to be the three of us, plus my parents. I promise" He places his hands on my waist. "Just put your shoes on and let's go."

I can still hear the resentment in his voice. Forcing himself to be polite. As much as I tried to apologize, he wouldn't listen to it. Sometimes refusing to acknowledge me.

Nodding my head, trying to smile, I grabbed my bag and slipped my feet back into my heels. Julian holds out his hand for me as we walk out of the apartment. "If you insist on being late, we can always make it interesting." Getting into the elevator, Julian slips his hand under my dress reaching for my underwear.

I squirmed pushing him back a little. "Not here," I tell him gently. "Someone can walk in."

He turns and stops the elevator. Holding onto the railing, to keep my balance, Julian cups my face bringing our lips together. "The...camera," I say between kisses.

Laughing against my lips, his hand goes back up my dress tugging at my underwear. "You know that it doesn't work," Julian says. "Just lift your dress up for me."

"Mhm." I shake my head. "Please. I'm not in the mood." I said softly pushing myself back.

Standing in silence, Julian started the elevator again. He reaches into his jacket pocket and takes out a cigarette. "I thought you stopped smoking."

"Go wait in the car." Halfway through the lobby, he lights it walking past me, brushing against my shoulder.

As I sat in the car, I peaked in the back noticing items of clothing. Closing my eyes, I shook my head, not surprised. Not surprised that another Lockwood isn't able to keep it in their pants. It's making sense now. The faint scent of perfume on his clothes. Smelling like cigarettes. Leaving randomly in the middle of the night.

I wiped away the tears quickly before Julian gets back into the car. I pretended not to notice the bra laying against the back seat. "I don't like this new you. You're not the kind and funny Julian that I know." I say to him. My voice cracks a little. "What happened? I-I can't go through another repeat of this. I can't. I don't have it in me." I sobbed.

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"You're lying to me!" I snapped.

Julian doesn't say anything. Instead, he lights another cigarette. "I'm going to smell like smoke."

Reaching over, Julian opens the glove compartment tossing a nearly finished perfume bottle on my lap. "Here. Now stop fucking complaining."

"Thanks."

I sat in the car, alone, crying silently to myself. Julian didn't look back for a second as he stormed inside. "Before you come inside, fix your damn attitude." Julian had said to me. Slamming the car door.