Trouble Move

She would be the new girl, the girl no one knew. Lilly and her family were moving from a small town to a big city. At first, she didn't know if she wanted to continue with being homeschool or go to a public school. Lilly was packing up her stuff, putting it in the moving truck. It was her last day in her town. She sat in her empty room, hugging her knees to her chest. Tears built up in her eyes as she realized her life would change. She pulled herself off the floor, grabbed her jacket, and headed out the door. She quickly told her parents she would be just around town, saying goodbye. She walked down to the market, picked out a few flowers as well as some fruit. Once she paid for her things she made her way down to the farm. To say goodbye to her best friend Jackson.

"Hey Lilly" he smiled as he saw her walking. "Hey Jackson," she said. "Thought you were leaving today," he said. "We are leaving today, just wanted to walk around for the last time," she sighed. "I wish you could stay," he said as he sat down. "Same," she said as she sat down next to him. "Promise we will always be friends?" Jackson asked. "Of course we will be '' she looked at him. "Good," he smiled softly. "text every day, all day plus calls at night," she said. "Right?" she asked. "Of course" he nodded and placed his hand on her leg. "I'm going to miss you" she sighed as she felt the tears build up again. "I'm going to miss you," he said. "This sucks" she laid her head down on his shoulder. "You will do amazing at your new school," he said. "I don't have my sidekick though," she said. "I know," he said. "I should get going," she sighed as she sat up.

They both got up and he pulled her to his chest. She wrapped her arms around his waist and held him close. Allowing her tears to slip from her eyes as he rubbed her back. He kissed the top of her head before she pulled away, walking away from him. She made her way back to the house and got into the truck, not saying a word to her family. It was a nearly 6-hour drive but they finally pulled up to their new house around midnight. They all went inside with just what they packed for the night, they would unpack everything else in the morning. Lilly made her way upstairs to what would become her room. Laying on the floor just staring at the ceiling, drifting off to sleep. In the morning she woke up and made her way downstairs.

"Good morning," her mother said. "Morning" Lilly said as she grabbed a bottle of water. "How did you sleep?" her mother asked. "The floor was hard but I slept fine" Lilly responded. "I know you hate the idea of moving," her mom said. "It is what it is at this point" Lilly shrugged and walked off. "I'm sorry, it's just what had to be done," her mom said. "As I said, it's done now. We just have to make the best of it" Lilly said. "You guys are finally here," Lilly's Aunt said as she hugged Lilly. "Yea arrived last night," Lilly said as she hugged her back. "Thanks for allowing us to stay here Dawn," Lilly's mom said. "No problem," Dawn said. "What else do you guys have in the truck?" she asked. "Just random stuff, we didn't bring much," Lilly's mom nodded.

Lilly went into the garage and started to unpack their things. They didn't bring much, just a few things to make them feel like they were at home. She brought all of her things up to her room, putting her clothes away in the closet. She blew up the air mattress and placed it against the wall. She put a few of her pictures up on the wall. Using the dresser that was in the room to put her jewelry and little things. Lilly went back downstairs to help her mom set up her room.

"I'm going out for a walk, see what's around here," Lilly said. "Be careful," her mom said. "I will" Lilly nodded as she headed out the door.

She walked down to where they were having a farmer's market. She kept to herself and just looked around. As she was walking she saw the popular kids talking. Well, she just assumed they were popular, she didn't know. Lilly picked out some fruit and got her something to drink. She looked down at her phone as she continued to walk around. Bumping into one of the girls, spilling her drink all over herself.