Chapter 1: The beginning.

Of all of the things I couldn't bear to remember in great detail, of all of the things that left me broken.  My memory of how I lost my family never faded.  

It was a fun trip we had been planning for weeks.  A nice fishing trip off the coast of Seattle. Everyone in my family was always too busy, so we never did much together.  My parents had two kids, me and my nineteen year old brother.  I was the only one that lived with my parents.  I never saw my brother and when i did all we could do was fight. I was only eight.  The day of the fishing trip came, I was slightly disappointed the it was overcast and cold, but that was normal here.  All the details were sorted out and we made it out to the open water. My brother, Allen, had not said a word to me.  After an hour or so of unsuccessful fishing attempts we decided to take a break and eat the lunch we packed.  My life jacket was too big and made it hard to do much so I took it off to eat, which proved to be one of my worst ideas. It started raining just a little, we paid no attention to it.  It slowly progressed until it was pouring rain and we decided to head back.  My dad and my brother we arguing about which direction to go when the strongest gust of wind i had ever felt hit our small motor boat, capsizing it and throwing us into the sharp, cold water.  I had lost my family, and my life jacket.  With my hands and feet tingling from the cold, I cried out for my mother but there was no reply.  I knew I it was not safe to stay where i was, so i started swimming.  After swimming for what felt like hours, my hands and feet we numb, and i was crying.  I just could not go one more inch, I let out a scream seconds before everything faded black as i started sinking.