Chapter 10: The Punishment

Men in black, bulletproof suits burst through the door. I was shoved up against the wall. A tall man holding strange looking needle grabbed my arm and stuck me with it. I knew I was stronger than him now so I thought i would just pull away, but I could not. I tried again. The man laughed. "Its the shot, sweetheart" He said mockingly. They handcuffed me and pushed me down the hall. "Where are you taking me?" I asked. "You'll see" He joked. We went back into the first room where we were forced to drink, well, whatever that was. But we walked through the other door into a huge office with a small window. It was dark. The General was there. He was holding something but I could not see what it was. "Did you forget I said we had cameras everywhere?" He yelled. Without warning, he hit me. "I dont want to see you disobey again or it will be much worse." He said. He hit me one more time. It was something sharp and i could feel it bleeding. "You will be assigned a new cell." Blared through the loudspeaker. I felt dizzy, blood running down my back. "Put them in the cell" General told the guard. Grabbing my handcuffs he pushed me down a staircase into a big, dark, and cold room. The others were there. My handcuffs were taken of and the door slammed without a word. "Max!" Toby yelled running to me. I couldn't focus, my back was throbbing. He saw the blood and pulled me into the corner where the others couldn't see. "Its bad, Max." He sounded concerned. "Here, we need to stop the bleeding." He pulled off what was left of my thin shirt. It was too dark for him to really see anything, but i felt like he could. I felt a sharp pain and screamed. "Shh! Hold still, I need to do this" He took my shirt and he was using it on my back. We sat there for half an hour or so without saying a word. "There" he said "Are you okay?" "Im fine, I just-" There went the tears again. I felt his hand on my back. "Here, wear this." He pulled off his shirt and put it on me. "It's too big, but i thought you looked cold." "Wait, how can you see me? It's completely dark." I said, confused. "You got the muscles, I got the eyes." He said, sounding almost happy about that. "Then that means, you-" He cut me off. "Yep" he said with a smirk. "I hate you." I said, giving him a death stare. "You love me" He said jokingly, but I knew I really did.