Painful

Standing on her tip-toes and grunting, (Y/n) took the pencil from between her teeth and marked the wooden banister. Sighing, she placed the pencil back in her mouth and pressed the button to automatically roll up her tape measure.

She had made about 15 marks along the ceiling banister between her kitchenette and living room, each about 8.5 inches apart. And, within the hour, Hank would arrive with the metal poles and gate she had ordered, all discounted from their original price. Still, (Y/n) cringed at the high amount she had to pay for them.

Even so, it would be worth it if it ended up keeping that jackwagon even more securely contained than he was now.

She tossed her supplies onto the kitchen counter, placed her hands on her hips, and huffed. He had been almost completely silent for the past few days, although he had been in her closet for three now. The only noises that he had made were shuffles and a few hums, muttering songs that she did not recognize.

Now that her mind had wandered to the man, she realized how he hadn't eaten for a while. She had already dumped out his bag yet again and found nothing new to discover, though she wasn't eager to find another bloody paper bag. And there was no way she was about to spend a fortune to get him meat from the market in town.

(Y/n) sighed again. She had to feed him somehow.

Making her way up the stairs, she tried to come up with ideas. As she entered her bedroom, the man knocked on the closet door, once again telling her he knew of her presence.

"Hey, (Y/n)," He called through the door.

She stayed silent, flopping onto her bed. It wasn't for a few moments before she had realized what he had said.

(Y/n) shot upright, eyes wide with confusion and panic. How did he know her name?!

"(Y/n)," He repeated, "You there?"

She leapt up from her bed before running over to her closet, the bookshelf still securely in place.

"How did you get my name?"

She heard a deep chuckle.

"You have it written on the tag of all of your clothes in here," The man laughed, "Was someone stealing them or something?"

She paused, processing his words. At this point, she was too shocked to put on her rough-and-tough facade right now.

"I thought you were blind," She uttered.

There was a sigh and a shuffle from beyond the door.

"Kinda," The man said, "There's enough light coming through the bottom of the door for me to read the tags, (Y/n)."

She grimaced, knowing the man was trying to tease her. She bashed her fist into the bookshelf, rattling the door once again.

"Leave my stuff alone," She seethed, failing to come up with anything else to say, "You won't get anywhere trying to make me angry."

The man thumped against the door.

"It's been days," He muttered, seemingly listening to what she said and dropping the light-hearted attitude, "I'm getting hungry. Plus Seed might be getting worried."

"I don't care," (Y/n) spat, "I don't even know who that is. And don't count on me giving you store bought meat, you have to come up with something on your own."

The man began humming on the other side of the door before he said,

"You have that gun you keep pointing at me. Go hunting. And don't worry about me escaping, I'm too hungry to do much."