Chapter 2

September 12th, 2022

First day of camp starts with a meeting, then we go to practice. 

I shared a room with Ashley, which was great. 

I walked into the conference room thingy where we were having our meeting, and Ashley Sanchez waved me over. 

"Jade come here!" She pointed to an empty seat next to her. 

"Hi." I said, sitting down. 

"Hey guys, this is Jade Bailey." Said Ashley, and her friends all said hi. 

"Nice to meet you guys." I said. 

"This is Mallory, Trinity, Sophia, this is the other Ashley, but we just call her Hatchy, and this is Kelley." She pointed to all of them. 

Of course I knew all of them, and they all knew who I was too. 

"Oh. And this..." Ashley pointed to a girl running in the room, who was my favorite on the team. "This is Morgana." 

"Hi." I said a Morgana sat down. 

There she was. Right there. The best womens soccer player in the world right now, and she just sat next to me. 

"Jade Bailey! Hi!" She put her hand out for a handshake, and I shook it. 

"How are you?" I asked. 

"I love your accent." 

"Thanks. I mean I am from Houston." 

"Yeah, sometimes I forget about southern accents." She said. "Hey Mal, you should get a southern accent. They sound cool." 

"No thanks." Mallory responded. 

"Just fake it!" 

"You don't like my normal voice?" She turned around to see Morgana. 

"I do, but I think a southern accent would look good on you." 

"Oh yeah, because you can SEE an acccent." Kelley joined in. 

"In your wildest fantasies maybe, but no accent for me. Leave that for Jade." Mallory said, giving her the finger and turning toface the front. 

"Listen, Jade, I'll tell you everything once this meeting is over." Ashley whispered. "It will take a million years but I can do it." 

----------

"Our group dynamic is really weird, you know?" Ashley said when we were back to our hotel room. 

"How so?" I asked. 

"I'm going to give you the inside on EVERYTHING. But you have to promise you won't tell anyone outside this group." 

"I won't." 

"Pinkie swear?" 

"Pinkie swear." I said. 

"Okay. Where should I start? Should I start with Morgana and Mal's story? Who kissed who? Also known as how many of us has Morgana kissed? Or should I start-" 

"Just pick a place." I laughed. "This sounds interesting." 

"Sit back and relax because this is a long story." She said. I just laughed, and then she said; "No, I mean it. Lay down." 

"Okay." I said, and she laid level with me. 

"So it starts when Morgana and Mal were 12 and Morgana hated Mal...." 

And then I listened to her tell the story for about a half an hour. 

"That's a love story if I've ever heard one." I laughed at the end. 

"Yeah. And I was the whole matchmaker. Well me and Kelley really." She said proudly. "Okay, now for the things about the group as a whole." 

"Wait, so everyone was really involved there. Sophia made Morgana realize she was into Mal, you and Kelley played matchmaker, and Hatch saved her whole life by calling the police?" I asked. 

"Exactly. And how they are what they are because of us." 

"That's so awesome." 

"Yeah. Trinity was a bit too late to the party. They were established before she walked in....." 

"Okay." 

"So now for who kissed who. Morgana has obviously kissed Mal, and Soph, and me. I think that's it." She said. 

"When did she kiss you?" I asked. 

"Twice, once on a dumb game of truth or dare the night the whole thing with her sister happened, and another back when we played on the U-20's together. Pretty sure that one was on a bet." 

"Interesting." I said. 

"And me....I kissed Morg obviously, also Soph, and I kissed Trin a few times. Like more than a few maybe. Like maybe 10 times. But I don't like her like that, and she's on the hunt for a boyfriend now since her last breakup. It was a rough one." 

"I had one f those too. It hurts." I sighed. 

"Wanna tell me about it?" She asked. 

"Well, I dated this guy for 2 years. The hardest 2 years of my life. Then he cheated on me with this girl. He knew everything about me. And I haven't trusted anyone since. I had a few other guys asl me out, but I just live in fear the same thing will happen. But for some reason, I feel like you're a person I can trust. You're different. I can tell." I said. 

"I hate people like that." She grumbled. 

"And get this. After he heard I signed with the Dash, he tried to get back with me. I didn't cave, and when he found me one day and started bugging me, my brother found out and beat him up, and it was absoultely epic." 

"Wish I had a brother like that." She laughed. 

"Yeah. He's a college baseball player. Played every game last year, his freshman season. He comes home a ton because he isn't far. And I still live at home because I like being with my dad and little brother and sister." 

"You have the best family ever." She said. 

"Something like that."