Chapter 8

Last night after Ashley said we were going to the beach, she invited the rest of the group. Most already had plans, like Mal and Morgana had their own thing going on (a date probably) Kelley was going to hang out with Alex, and Hatch was hanging with Aubrey Kingsbury. So it was just going to be Trinity and Sophia with us. It's kind of better that way, because then we won't attract nearly as much attention as if Kelley, Morgana or Mal were here. Also we aren't a big group, which people tend to look at on the beach. 

So we went to sleep, and Ashley woke me up early the next morning by jumping on my bed. 

"What?" I grumbled, rolling over. 

"Gotta get up for the beach!" She said happily, getting off my bed. 

"Can we just leave later? It's literally 7am." 

"No no no. Time to start getting ready. We can get breakfast and stuff. When we get to the beach...." She started talking, walking around packing stuff. And she didn't shut up.  

"Ashley come here." I patted my bed next to me, and she happily laid down. 

"What?" 

"Do you hear that?" 

"What?" 

"That sound." 

She paused. "What sound?" 

"Silence." I said. "Just listen for a second." 

I pulled the blanket over us, and she looked confused. 

"What's so special about silence?" 

"You can hear it better if you close your eyes." 

"Okay." She closed her eyes. 

"And relax now." 

"Okay." 

"And now you stop saying okay and just listen." 

"To what?" She whispered. 

"Shhh." 

"Why?" 

"You want to hear silence don't you?" 

"Yes." 

"Well then you have to contribute to it." 

"This is dumb." 

"No it's not." I said, scooting closer to her. 

"I'm not sure what you can hear in silence." 

"Ashley..." I said, moving up against her. "Just be quiet. For 10 minutes." 

"Okay." 

I cuddled up to her, and she relaxed a little bit. I closed my eyes, fighting o stay awake until she wasn't, and when I felt her breathing get steady, I drifted off. 

I have no idea how long it was, but someone burst into out hotel room, and started yelling at us. 

"Where the hell-" Said Trinity. "You're cuddling and making us late for the beach? What the heck guys. Did you guys have-" 

"How the hell did you even get in this room?" I cut her off. 

"Don't worry about it. Now get up and let's get going." 

"Fine." 

"Hey your stupid game made us late!" Ashley was angry. 

"What game?" 

"The silence game." 

"Don't make this my fault." I said, when I knew damn well it was. 

We quickly got ready, throwing things in bags and getting dressed. We were on the road at 9:15, later than they all wanted but whatever.