Chapter 9

Tay opened the door to Kinn's office as slowly as he could, he gave a look inside and noticed that Kinn wasn't alone: the heir of the family was sitting behind his desk, in front of him a guy was tied to a chair and Porsche was behind Kinn as he used to do. Tay finally knocked and opened the door completely.

"Finally... at least here is someone who gets the job done... what did you discover Tay?" Kinn asked sighing. The guy walked to the desk and eventually recognized the prisoner, it was Vegas.

"Kinn, I came here to tell you that I'm not going to continue this job. He can use guns, so I was right when I said that he was pretending... but for the rest, I must admit that he isn't exactly a mastermind, I'm pretty sure that he's more like your cousin Macau, a crybaby. I'm certain that if you put one or two bodyguards to control him, you will have no problem with that guy" Tay explained.

"I see, why did you change your idea about him? You seemed pretty determined" Kinn posed the question with a curious tone. Tay looked at him and shrugged.

"Well, I'm not Sherlock Holmes, right? I can make mistakes too, but if you don't trust me then why don't you ask Vegas to have a conversation with him? It looks like people enjoy opening up to him whenever he whispers in their ears" Tay said with a smirk. He wasn't sure about what he told Kinn, if Marco was just a normal citizen he would have believed him, that wasn't the case though, the son of a mafia boss is usually supposed to be able to lie...

Tay left the room and Kinn was able to continue his discussion with Vegas, he glared at him and shook the chair a few times because of the anger. Porsche was actually a little surprised since Kinn usually didn't tend to show his emotions like that.

"I should erase the minor family! You idiot! You almost got caught by the Yakuza! How could you be so reckless! Stupid... fool..." Kinn shouted.

"It isn't my fault if the Yakuza followed us on our way back..." Vegas whispered.

"SHUT THE HELL UP! You and your will to overthrow the main family, do you get how stupid it is? You even killed your own father... thank god dad hated him as much as we all do or who knows what could have happened to you and your brother..." Kinn yelled.

"It was an accident..."

"Look at me, do you think that I'm an idiot?! I saw the bruises on Macau's arms while we took him to the doctor, or you really thought that someone could believe that lie? Don't make me laugh..." Kinn replied as he started calming down.

"What was I supposed to do? Let him kill Macau?"

"As I said during our phone call... did you become a nice brother all of a sudden? Now... I'll give you another task and you better not mess up this time" Kinn turned to Porsche and ordered: "Take Arm with you and go to our guest. It is time for him to speak frankly. You know where to take him..."

"Are you sure it is a good idea? He trusts you..." Porsche said reluctantly

"I don't trust anyone... and nobody should trust me, this is how the world works. Now do as I told you" Kinn responded. At that point Porsche left the room. Vegas looked back at Kinn, he wasn't in the right position to fight back so he decided to play along.

"Tell me... what do you want me to do exactly? What kind of information do you need?" Vegas asked.

"You cooperate... finally! He gave us a lot of intel regarding the Yakuza and their structure, you have to discover the real reason behind his choice, I can't believe that he did all this just to get free access to this building..." Kinn replied.

"It should be easy... are there any weaknesses that I could use?" Vegas asked, Kinn didn't know what to tell so he just told a guard to take him to the basement to start his job.

"It is time to go, sir..." Arm said as he opened the door of Marco's suite. The Italian guy looked at him confused, he stood up from the chair near the window and nodded.

"What do you m... oh... I see... do you have to tie me or..." Marco asked. Arm nodded and tied his hands behind his back. They walked to a secret stairwell and went downstairs. Vegas was standing near a small table covered in tools, Marco closed his eyes for a moment as he saw those objects.

"Khun Vegas... nice to meet you..." Marco said as the other guards left the cell and remained behind the iron bars. Vegas turned to him with a weird smile and approached him.

"You must be Marco, Kinn told me a lot of good things about you, I'm sure we will have a great time together..." the heir of the minor family said as he tied him to the wall.

"So, let's start with the most basic questions, why did you sell the information to Kinn?" Vegas asked.

"Safety..."

"I would be really thankful if you try to elaborate a little further, I prefer to be gentle, you know?"

"I couldn't go to the Yakuza without something to offer, so I came here and gave the information in order to get protection after the collapse of my family... thanks to you" Marco responded.

"Do you want revenge?"

"Absolutely not... my father wasn't exactly a good figure..." Marco added.

"Very well... now, for some reason my beloved cousin doesn't believe you so I will play with you a little bit, just to make sure that your intentions are genuine, I hope you don't mind..." Vegas said as he started using the batteries just like he did with Pete.

In the meanwhile Tay came downstairs, wondering how the mess he caused was proceeding. He looked away immediately as he saw Vegas continuing his job. Marco turned to him with tears in his eyes and shouted: "Tay! Please... tell them that I said the truth... you know that I'm not a liar... please..."

"Oh, someone is begging for mercy here, I like it..." Vegas remarked

"I swear... I swear to God... I ... I'm saying the truth..." Marco replied exhausted. Vegas stopped for a moment, he turned to Kinn's childhood friend and told him to come closer, he took a knife and put it near the poor guy's throat.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, PSYCHO!" Tay shouted.

"NO! Please! Don't do anything... please... khun Vegas..." the Italian guy said before fainting. Vegas made sure that he wasn't acting and eventually turned to Tay, who was still rubbing his neck.

"I wasn't going to kill you... idiot..." Vegas sighed, then he continued: "I guess that Kinn will serve my head on a silver plate, this poor guy is saying the truth... and if he isn't then I must admit that he's probably the best liar in the country". Tay couldn't stop thinking about those words, did he really make Vegas torture him while he was sincere about his love for him and his intentions?