Chapter Nine(Bad ending)

Flooftys POV

I don't know when we started fighting anymore, 2 minutes ago?, 20 minutes ago?, An hour? But all I knew for certain was that we were getting attacked by bugsnax at all angles, I partnered up with shelda to try and fight them off until the boat was ready. I was knocking back as many as I could before I realized at snakquri was coming straight at me, but it was too late to knock it back and I was already so tired I just watched it as it came closer before a large piece of scrap scrap metal knocked it to the ground and caused the snakquri to turn into a orangeish pink goo. Looking at the throwers direction I saw Y/N with colorful splashes of goo on their F/C fur "what on earth is going on?!" I yelled before they replied "No time! I'll tell you on the fight back!" They motioned to me to hand over my brother's changed up snak grappler, anyone else I would've rejected  but they knew this thing more then I did at that moment so I quickly handed over the thing were they began to hit the incoming bugsnax. I attempted to grab the scrap metal but I felt my strength waver from me, I felt tired and that I wanted to give up but I tried to fight back the best I could've.
We were surrounded and way overwhelmed and the snaks had resorted to throwing things, one of which knocked Y/N unconscious and caused the snak grappler to be launched off somewhere. Panicking I told shelda to get to the boat and that I would hold them off, "FLOOFTY NO! YOUR GOING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED" she yelled at me as another group of bugsnax approached us "GO, NOW!" Shelda looked at me conserned but nodded, I grabbed the piece of scrap metal and fought off the snaks as best as I could've.

Y/Ns POV

I sluggishly got up when I heard the sound of flesh like things being squished to see floofty trying to find off the snaks but as they squished the last snak they collapsed and started to turn "F-FLOOFTY NO!" I ran to their body laying on the ground, them barely able to give a small pained smile at me  before caressing my cheek "I.....I love you Y/N.........take care of Snorpington for me, ok?......" And with that they went limp and turned into bugsnax. I felt tears roll down my face, this wasn't supposed to happen! Not to Floofty and certainly not now.....I shakily stood up and ran to help the others, I didn't want what happened to floofty to happen to them. Soon as I began to run to the boat I tripped on one of the many rocks covering the dirt path that once lead to snaxburg and felt pain radiate from my ankle, getting up as quick as a could before limping onto the boat. Feeling the boat begin to float up as a mothza supreme flew at us threatening to blow us off the deck when lizbert and eggabell knocked it away. "Thanks Liz...Egg....." I heard Filbo let out, as we were far enough to be far from the island to see the full of it they noticed floofty was missing but knew it was too late by my expression.....

Epilogue
It has been a few weeks since I was fired from GNN and got a new journalism job and cleared the fact that I'm not dead. The memorial for floofty was a week ago and things have been sad lately to put it nicely, Snorpy took the loss hard, sure they argued but they cared for eachother obviously......we both agreed to preserve whatever was left of Flooftys research, its what they would've wanted after all......I've been sitting in my apartment all morning, I've been picturing a different way- no, the way it should've gone....that floofty was still alive, where I finally told them how I felt, how that everyone was fine and nothing was like this......I sometimes feel their presence next to me, I just hope wherever they are......they're okay.....

(You got ✨The bad ending!✨)
Word count: 714