[Chapter 3.1 - REALLY?]

The piercing sound of the alarm clock echoed through the room, rousing the slumbering teenager from her dreams. Shijima Tokugawa, with her long purplish-white hair and pale violet eyes, blinked sleepily as she reached out to silence the persistent beeping.

The digital display on the alarm clock glowed with bright red numbers: 5:00 AM. It was the start of another school day, but Shijima's groggy state and the memories of yesterday's events made her contemplate her options. Kaede clung to her like a monkey and won't let go of her until Homare stepped in and forcefully separated her from Shijima who nearly suffocated from her embrace.

"Haa... It's decided I'm not gonna attend the class today," she mumbled to herself, the exhaustion evident in her voice.

With a reluctant sigh, she threw back her blankets and swung her legs out of bed. The cool touch of the floor beneath her feet sent a shiver through her, and she stretched lazily before heading to the bathroom.

After freshening up and brushing her teeth, Shijima dressed herself in her school uniform. She selected a white hoodie bearing the Yurigaoka Girls Academy emblem, a black collared shirt with crisp white lines, a matching white tie, a pleated black skirt adorned with subtle white stripes, and a pair of white thigh-high stockings. Her black sneakers waited patiently by the door.

She took a moment to tie her long hair into two side-ups using a pair of black ribbons, then glanced at her phone. The notifications held no particular interest for her.

"Well, I guess I'm ready to skip the first day of classes."

[==]

"Training again, Shijima?"

A cute girl with short blonde hair tied into ponytail and blood red eyes attempting to touch a cat, asked Shijima who was walking in the middle of the small forest within the grounds of Yurigaoka. Andou Tazusa, one of Shijima's very few friends in the academy.

"Ahaha, I don't have the motivation to attend class today so uhh

"Ahaha, I don't have the motivation to attend class today so uhh... yeah I'm gonna spend the whole day training with my CHARM." Shijima replied, chuckling awkwardly while scratching the back of her head.

"Was it because of the news yesterday?" Tazusa asked, still trying to touch the cat in front of her which was now hissing at her.

Shijima hesitated, not quite ready to admit the connection of her absence from school and her newfound fame, "Totally, not..."

Tazusa, however had a different perspective about the matter. "Okay, Mysterious Angel-san," she teased her subtle smile hidden beneath her usual poker face. Talking with Shijima like this is one of the things she enjoys in her life.

"Who the hell has that kind of nickname?" Shijima asked with a bead of sweat dropping down her forehead. Trying to deny the reality that it was her who received that embarassing nickname.

"Why don't you ask yourself, Angel." Tazusa bluntly replied and an invicible arrow pierced the heart of the purplish white-haired girl who fell down to her knees. Seeing the reaction of her only friend, Tazusa quietly chuckled to herself before going back to her usual blank expression when she noticed Shijima getting up from her little act.

"Bye, bye, Tazu! You're free to join me after class, okay?!" Bidding her friend with a joyful goodbye, Shijima ran deeper into the forest leaving a smiling lone wolf behind.

"Un, I know." Suddenly the feline in front of her scratched her outstretched hands and leaves a claw mark on the back of her palm before running away.

"..."

[==]

In the deeper part of the forest, the sound of something tearing through the air repeatedly reverberated throughout the area. It was Shijima's CHARM Einsdrachen, repeatingly slashing the air in different manners.

30 minutes have passed since she met up with Tazusa and started training, yet she already managed to swing her CHARM for more than 500 times without breaking a sweat.

"558, 559, 560..."

While swinging her sword around, Shijima counted the number of times she have swung to train her focus at the same time she trains her endurance with the light of the dawn shining above her.

Suddenly the phone on her pocket vibrated, which she immediately noticed. She stopped her training for a moment and took a few deep breaths before taking her phone out. She opened it up and saw that Tazusa is calling so she swiped her thumb across the screen, answering the call.

"Hello, Tazu?"

"Shijima, where are you?"  Tazusa's voice resounded through the other side of the call.

"I'm still here in the forest, why?"

"Oh, it's just that the Chairman is calling for you."

"Eh?" Shijima looked at the phone with a blank look on her face before clearing her ear to see if something was stucked on it. Feeling that there was none, she looked back at her phone.

"Can you repeat that again, Tazu?"

"The Chairman is calling for you."

"....Okay." Once she confirmed that she didn't heard it wrong, Shijima immediately ended the call and looked at the sky with a wry smile.

"Really?"

[==]

[Shijima's POV]

Standing in front of the Chairman's office, I can feel the chills climbing up my spine. I don't know the reason why he called me to his office but I'm sure it isn't about me skipping the first day of school. I really hope it isn't about that.

"I wonder why is Takamatsu-sama calling for me..?"

I knocked on the door before opening it and what greeted me was the entire members of the Legion, Alfeim standing in front of him.

"Good timing, Shijima-kun. The meeting is just about to start."

The acting chairman, Kogetsu Takamatsu, said while sitting on his chair with Matsuri Hata-sama and Izue Shinobu-sama standing beside him.

"Th-then, if you would excuse me..." I quietly made my way beside Alfeim, before bowing towards the acting chairman.

"You might be wondering why I called for you here in my office, Shijima-kun. It is because I chose you to assist the Legion Alfeim in helping Ryuto Academy which was being besieged one of the currently existing Ultra-Class Huge, Fafnir."

"Excuse me, what?"

[CHAPTER 3.1 - ENDS]