Untitled Part 15

Atsushi povMy eyes fluttered open

Atsushi pov
My eyes fluttered open. Kunikida was standing over me. Kunikida: " You ok?" I rubbed my eyes in confusion then I remembered. Atsushi: " That girl! Is she. " Kunikida:" Relax kid the girl is fine. You saved her. Although it doesn't make a difference because we have to turn her into the police. " Atsushi: " The police?! But theyll.." Kunikida: " Execute her. " Atsushi: " But no we should help her!" Kunikida:" I feel for her I do but we dont have a choice. If she goes back to the mafia they'll assume she betrayed them and execute her. She's on the FBI' s top wanted list. I'm not gonna ask the president to hide a criminal. Dazai was different he went underground for two years before he joined. " Atsushi: " But the president was gonna let Yn stay." Kunikida: " That's because the FBI isn't aware that Yn was resurrected. I'm sorry Atsushi but once we get the information we can out of her. We need to turn her in."

Kyouka and I exited the agency. Kyouka:" So where are we going?" Atsushi: " Well I..." Her blue eyes pierced mine. I felt awful I didn't want to turn her in. I wanted to help her. Atsushi: " Kyouka if you had a chance to go anywhere you wanted where would you want to go?" Kyouka: " Oh? Well...I guess..nevermind It's silly." Atsushi: " No please what is it?" Kyouka:" One of my favorite memories as a kid with my family was when they took me to the fairgrounds. My dad won me a plush toy. I loved that thing. The food was so good." I grabbed her wrist. Atsushi: " Then its settled let's go to the fairgrounds!"

Dazai pov
I woke up to something grasping my neck. My eyes met my previous subordinate Akutagawa. His Rashoumon vanished. Akutagawa: " It's so nice to see you in chains. Right where you belong." I felt the shackles wrapped around my wrist. Dazai:" Its nice to see you too. Ryunosuke. Wait if your in this cell then that means..youve made it to executive. " I smiled. Dazai:" You were so annoying to train you had no discipline. But i knew that if you were pushed hard enough that one day you would be one of the strongest mafia members. " I jerked on the chains at my wrist. Dazai:" So what's the plan am I spending the rest of my days down here? I know Mori wouldn't have me killed he wants my ability. " Akutagawa: " You have two options. Mori has never filled your executive spot in hopes that one day you will come back. Pledge your loyalty to Mori. Or you can get real comfy down here." Dazai:" If those are my two options I guess..Ill get comfy down here." Akutagawa: " Tsk Idiot." Dazai:" Why now? This act seems long overdue. " Akutagawa: " Mori is threatened by you and Atsushi. He's worried that Yn will be tempted to leave the mafia. Especially since he knows that you two were..intimate recently. " Dazai:" How would he know that?" Akutagawa: " You know for as smart as you are you can be really dumb sometimes. Mori had Elise attack Yn. When Yn couldn't use her powers there was only one explanation. " I clenched my fist. Dazai:" Damn him. He actually went that far." Akutagawa: " Of course he did when it comes to Yn i don't think he has a limit." Dazai:" Wait so you have me. What about Atsushi? " Akutagawa: " You were phase one of my mission. Phase two is in progress as we speak." Dazai:" You are in charge of apprehending Atsushi? You would actually do that to Yn?" Akutagawa: " It's not like I want to betray her! Of course I don't but I don't have a choice. This is my job! All I can do is hope that I'm careful enough so she doesn't find out about this." Dazai:" Your job that's a lame excuse to betray the person you love. Your a fool to think Yn isn't gonna find out about this. I highly advise you to not go after Atsushi i dont want you getting hurt." Akutagawa: " Ha you really think the weretiger could harm me?!" Dazai:" Why yes. My new subordinate is superior to you in every way." I felt a hard punch to my cheek. Akutagawa: " Is that why you chose him over me?! Is that why you left me?!" Dazai:" Akutagawa I almost stayed because of you. Me leaving had nothing to do with you. You are strong there's no denying that. But you and Atsushi fight for different reasons. You fight for selfish reasons to gain more power and status. Where as Atsushi he fights to protect the people he cares about and to atone for his past sins. He has compassion something you don't have. Which I'm partially to blame for that with the way I trained you. I'm sorry." Akutagawa's eyes widened. Akutagawa: " Your what.." Akutagawa was cut off by his coughing. He held his hand over his mouth as he started hacking. Dazai:" Still have that nasty cough some things never change." My eyes widened when he pulled his hand away and there was blood on his hand. He wiped his mouth off. Dazai:" Did you just cough up blood?!" Akutagawa: " It's none of your concern! " Dazai:" But I am concerned. You've had that cough since you came here. Did the medical team ever find out what it was?" Akutagawa: " It's something that can't be helped. And you! You made it worse." Dazai:" What are you talking about?" Akutagawa: " In one of our training sessions. I was having a tough day with my condition but I didnt want to disappoint you. You kicked me in the chest. Which caused more damage." I felt an ache in my chest. I wanted to vomit. Dazai:" Akutagawa I didn't know. I'm so sorry. " Akutagawa looked at me shocked. Dazai:" You know we have a doctor in the agency with healing abilities. " Akutagawa: " Yes I know but her ability has a timeframe it wont work on my condition." Dazai:" Not right now But if we wait until your condition worsens. If your condition is what ends up killing you. If she gets to you within a few seconds she can heal you. But she won't be so willing to help a mafia member out. Would you ever consider joining the agency?" Akutagawa: " Is that a joke? You just said that i have no compassion in me. I wouldn't fit in there." Dazai:" You don't have much compassion but you have it for Yn and Gin. You can feed off of that. Please Akutagawa I can save you." Akutagawa was about to say something when he held his hand to his earpiece. Akutagawa: " Excellent I'm on my way." Akutagawa: " Dazai I belong here and you know it. Anyway phase two of my mission is about complete. Ill be taking my leave now." Dazai:" Please Akutagawa don't go after Atsushi! " Akutagawa chuckled. Akutagawa: " If your new subordinate is superior to me like you said you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I guess now is our chance to see who the superior one is! " I clenched my fists as I watched Akutagawa leave the room. Damnit I have to get out of this. I pulled on the chains. Who am I kidding I'm not gonna get out of here. Chuuya:" Dazai." I looked up. My eyes were met by Chuuya's blue eyes. Chuuya gave me a sad expression. Dazai:" Chuuya."