Chapter 5

Adriana

I try to cover my mouth but it's too late. The loud gasp has already escaped my mouth, causing a light blush to form on my cheeks.

The reason for my loud reaction? Walking into his apartment. The interior was expertly decorated with dark colours, causing a menacing atmosphere, no doubt summing up Ares' style.

As a last attempt, I add in a cough. I continue coughing, until Ares gives me a weird look.

"What? You obviously don't clean this place enough, I can practically see the dust." I argue, wiping invisible dust off a nearby painting.

"I'll be sure to inform the housekeeper," He chuckles.

"And for your information that painting cost 655K." He adds before walking further into his apartment.

My mouth falls open as I quickly take my hands off the painting. Just to be careful, I'll keep my hands next to me.

I scurry behind Ares, making sure not to miss all the apartments expensive furniture.

I almost bump into him when he stops next to a room.

"You'll be staying here for now. My rooms right here," He says, pointing to the room across.

"The kitchen is right down there and there's a chef, but she's gone home by now. She'll be back around 8am. My office is the last room down there, don't ever come in when I'm not inside, if I am you will knock." he motions to a closed off room.

"Got it?" He asks sternly.

"Geez. If I knew I was entering a prison I would have jumped out of the car." I laugh.

"I'm serious Adriana."

"Ok." I say noticing Ares' serious expression.

I enter my room. Looking around, I see that it's the size of my whole apartment.

The room even has its own bathroom and walk-in-wardrobe. I roll my eyes at the fact I have nothing to wear, or even anything to fill it with.

I wonder if Ares will take me back to my apartment tomorrow, I still need to get my belongings.

How long does he want me to stay with him? Why does he want me to stay with him?

"Ares?" I ask, turning around to face him.

"Yes?"

"Why am I here? Why did you take me?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"When those men came into the club I recognised them. They're not good people Adriana. I know who they work for. That man is looking for you. I heard them myself." He explains with a frown.

"But why me?" I question nervously.

"I think you took something from them." He mumbles.

"You need to rest. We will talk in the morning." He says, already walking in the direction of his office.

I sigh shakily.

"What have you done now Adriana?" I whisper to myself, walking back into the room and closing the door.

The outfit I'm wearing right now will not do for the night.

I take my heels off and remove my jewellery.

I turn off the lights, leaving only the lamp and bathroom light on. I head to the bathroom and strip out of my clothes, turning on the shower so a welcoming hot stream of water begins flowing.

I close my eyes in contentment as I allow the water to consume me. The water falls down my face and onto the tips of my eyelashes, then down the curve of my nose and eventually dripping off of my chin.

I'm surprised to see that the bathroom actually has a nice arrangement of soaps. I make sure that I scrub myself thoroughly as I realise that today has caused me to sweat quite a bit.

Once I'm finished with my shower, I wrap myself tightly in a towel and move over to the mirror.

I gasp as I see my makeup smeared all over my face, my mascara somehow ending up on my chin. Since there's no makeup remover to use, I resort to just rinsing my face using the sink a second time.

I debate whether to get back into my dress or to just wear the towel while sleeping. Choosing the latter I yawn as I flick the light off in the bathroom, and move into bed. I lift the luxurious cover and collapse into the mattress.

I reach over from the bed and using the last of my energy, I switch the lamp off.

After fully submerging into the pleasant cloud like bed, my eyes almost immediately close.

I don't think I've ever been this exhausted.

For now, I'll sleep.

But when I wake up, I need to seriously get my act together.

——————————
A/n: Finally added another chapter yay :)

Also wanted to add that I appreciate all of you for reading so far. I'm going to try to update more regularly, but please be patient. <3