Part 3 - Company to Love

This is the last part of this fic 🥺 I hope you like it 🙌🏻.

⚠️ Warnings:

It has perhaps high content of love between Mika and Yuu, or maybe not 🤭🫣 go on reading to find out.

The twilight of the day began to be reflected in the carmine of Mikaela's eyes, a glow of the sunset before the loneliness that accompanied him in his walk through the ruins of an ancient city

Mikaela wanted to redeem himself from the terrible act that had led him to find himself like this, alone.

This would be the second night being alone.

Why should the melodies sung on the instrument reflect sadness?

Why did the words come out with exasperation and fear in a plea to be reciprocated?

Why had he acted impulsively, making clear something he couldn't define?

What was he really wanting from Yuu, staying by his side?

They were stormy unknowns in the mist of their emotions vanishing with the passage from their metamorphosis to immortality. Mikaela didn't want to acknowledge that he felt the loss of interest in things. Slowly he began to see life in gray and opaque tones, without life or hope, disinterested in people.

"Why can't I stop holding on to Yuu?" he questioned himself, not really knowing what expression to put.

Sighed. He found no point in investigating beyond something that no longer mattered. After all, he was that monster from which children fled in fear, his immortality would provide him with a boring life, and the loss of his emotions and memories would be favorable not to martyr himself anymore.

He could step back and try, or just give up and walk forward hoping that fate would do with him whatever he wanted, after all, he always seemed like the puppet of people he never met and took advantage of.

"Because you love me, don't you?"

The vampire's body bristled in place, looking surprisingly at the blackfinch that landed close to his presence. Yuu's face was a mixture of nerves and joy, but confidence enveloped him with a masterful aura that prompted him to say that without fear.

Mikaela issued no response. It's not as if all this time he was formulating it, because he was no longer a human to feel such feelings, he just felt that strange twinge where his heart was no longer beating.

"Mika, you know?" The soldier's voice trembled, Mika looked at him "there was a situation that made me think about all this," he pointed out his panorama, "reflect on us..." they both looked at each other.

Yuu still felt inferior to the majesty of the red orbs that seemed to stalk him. However, he was sure that, deep down, the vampire was faltering, having that clash between uncertainty and doubt of his words, because Yuu knew him perfectly well.