This Thing Called Serendipity

Serendipity [ser-uhn-dip-i-tee]: noun, finding something good and unexpected; accidental good fortune.

After a disastrous junior year, Kat Shaw wants nothing more than to disappear, but moving to Steel Bay, Maine to live with her estranged aunt will have to do. Despite her best efforts, Kat finds herself quickly becoming friends with a tight knit trio of misfits which includes the secretive and sarcastic Blake Eaton. Kat knows that she should keep her distance, but there's something about Blake that makes her think there's more to him than a surly attitude and questionable habits.

Blake Eaton doesn't believe in love, or rather, he doesn't want to. He just wants to get the hell out of Steel Bay by any means necessary. When the new girl in town is suddenly thrust into his life, he finds himself inexplicably drawn to her. Kat is a mystery to him, with a broken smile and scars that go beyond skin deep. Blake is determined to figure her out, but he may just end up getting closer to her than he intended.

Kat and Blake both have haunting pasts, making it difficult for them to trust, but can they push aside their insecurities and find a bit of this thing called serendipity.