Chapter 9

When the creature charged at me I pulled out one of my dangers and moved into a better position to fight off the monster when loud noises started to echo through the tunnels and the creature skidded to a stop and turned it's head towards the noise distracted. While it was distracted I slowly pulled out one of my throwing knifes and threw it at the creature. The knife hit it's mark and the creature fell to the ground with a thud. I slowly walk over to the creature and nudge it with the tip of my boot to make sure it's dead. When it doesn't move I retrieve my knife clean it off and put it back in it's place.

After I put my knife back I start to walk back the way I came going slowly keeping my breathing and heart rate steady and watching for more of the creatures as I go. As I was walking back something shiny caught my eye I bend  down to pick it up and discover that it is Zeke's wedding ring I put it in my pocket to take back to Shazza. When I finally I make it back to the hole that I was lowered through without anymore creatures I pull on the rope twice to tell them I'm coming back up. I feel the tug on the rope as everyone who's up top starts to pull me out of the hole as I'm being pulled out I hear crunching coming from the tunnel that had the dead creature in it. When I was finally pulled out of the hole if into the sunlight everybody was talking over one another but were cut off when Shazza asked "did you find Zeke" I walked over to her while everyone else walked away to give us privacy I gently tell her "Zeke's dead and it wasn't by Riddick" she started to tear up when I told her that I found this" I  say as I pull the ring from my pocket and gently put it in her hand she closes her hand around it and pulls me in to a hug crying and says "thank you for bringing it back to me" she then releases me from the hug and stands back beside Fry.