Chapter seven

"What a tease she was," Amalie said. "How did you stand it?"

Skye pushed her dessert plate aside and literally rubbed her stomach. "That was so good, but I am stuffed," she said.

"We don't see you often enough," Amalie said as she brought the coffee carafe over to the table. "Were you in love with her?"

Skye smiled. "I think I fell in love with her when I was ten."

"Do you feel like she manipulated you?" Lia asked.

"No. Believe me, I was a willing partner in everything."

"Yet she controlled it," she said.

"I assure you, dear Dr.Lia, that the fact that I was making out with my best friend-at her bidding-since I was fourteen did not scar me. I never once thought she was manipulating me. Billie was as emotionally invested as I was. The difference was, I could accept that I was gay. She could not. She was predestined to not only date Oliver Perez, but to marry him as well."

"And was that something you accepted?"

Skye stirred a little sugar into her coffee, thinking back to those times. "Yes, I accepted it. There were no options as far as Billie was concerned. Her mother had her life all neatly arranged to suit her. Billie had very little say in anything she did. I think that's why her time with me was so precious to her," she said. "It was the only thing she ever did that was her choice, the only thing that didn't have her mother's fingerprints all over it."

"But you didn't see each other that much, did you?" Amalie asked.

"No. Especially when we were in high school. Billie had so much going on, we were lucky to see each other once a week. Even then, we weren't always alone. My mother was always there, and if her mother was home, we didn't dare go to her room." Skye smiled. "It was becoming very dangerous for us to be alone," she said. "We were like an inferno ready to explode."

"What about you?" Lia asked. "Did you have any friends? Did you have any after-school activities?"

"I had a few friends," she said. "I mean, I wasn't totally blind as to what was going on. I knew Billie and I had no future. I knew what my role was in her life. So I made some friends in high school. I did some of the normal things you do. I'd go to movies with them and hang out at the pizza place."

"But no one knew about Billie?"

"No. They knew where I lived, knew my mother worked for the O'Connells, that's it."

Skye shrugged. "I never told anyone I was gay."

"So when did you take things to the next level?" Amalie asked. "Since you didn't have much time together anymore, I mean."

Skye sipped from her coffee, smiling slightly as she remembered the first time she'd touched Billie, the first time she held Billie as she climaxed.1

"It was a Sunday. Her parents were at an estate auction and we had the afternoon. I was sixteen."

* * *

⚠️ Light smut⚠️

Skye stood outside of Billie's door, trying to calm herself down. She was as nervous as she'd ever been. Two weeks had passed since she and Billie had been alone together and, even then, it was only for a few minutes. Not long, but long enough for them to kiss, to touch each other's breasts. There was nothing shy anymore about either of their touches. And today they would have hours together. Skye actually trembled at the thought.

She took one more deep breath, then knocked on the door. It was opened immediately. Their eyes flew together, and she realized that Billie was as nervous as she was.