Sies | Six

Sies | Six

Of course I catch her in another slutty getup. 

I rather see her in school where there's a dress code, and even then she still wearing skimpy clothes. She was wearing a cheetah print bustier, withpair of shorts that had a zipper that went all the way to the crotch. What in the hell is she wearing? I wouldn't be caught dead in that.

"Hey Sanya," He replied, very monotone, like he did at school. Maybe it is just me. She began to run her hair through her fingers on the top of her head.

"So what's been happening, I heard that you went to the amusement park. Why wasn't I invited?" Sanya asked with a puppy dog face.

"I didn't even think about asking you" he replied. Damn he is straight forward in trying to tell he's not interested. Sanya's face began to turn cold but then when back to trying to look seductive and cute.

"Who did you go with then?" She questioned. I raised my hand slightly so she can see.

"I did," I answered for Jayce. Sanya darted her eyes at me pissed as I could tell. Why doesn't she like me, the world will never know. I turned to Jayce he was smiling as he was staring at me. I looked back at Sanya. Her eyes were darting back and forth at Jayce and I before she stormed off.

"What's up with her?" I questioned as a joke.

"I don't know." Jayce breathed deeply. "We did date a long time ago," Jayce said, dragging the 'o'. I could tell he wasn't trying to say that to me like he was hiding it. I mean, why would he?

Wait, what?

"She's still hung up on you," I said trying to sound like no big deal. But this feeling in my stomach felt otherwise. What the fuck, I need some Pepto Bismol or something? "It's a girl thing."

Jayce raised an eyebrow. "A girl thing?"

I nodded. "Well, yeah. After a break-up, girls are usually the ones who stay tied up in the relationship, or something like that. More deeply involved."

Jayce sighed for some reason, rolling his tongue over his teeth. "Boys can be just as involved."

"It's an estrogen thing."

"It's reality."

"Ya know, let's forget I said anything, aye?" I say, beginning to stand up. My defenses seemed to automatically go up, and I don't know why. Something about this encounter was off, and I don't know why. It's like, knowing that something was between them...

"Hey," Jayce says softly, grabbing my wrist. "Don't leave." I stop, snatching my wrist and folding my arms. "I'm sorry."

"No, no. I guess I shouldn't get too touchy."

"Kinani, c'mon," Jayce says in one of those tones that are like 'Dude, don't bullshit me.' He grabbed my shoulders and turned me 180, so I was facing him. Staring dead in my eyes, he continued to talk. "We were something, now we are nothing. I don't have feelings for her. Whether she's tied up or not isn't my concern. She's a thing of the past. I get defensive over it because I don't want to think about it. I only wanna..."

His voice faltered out, before he shook his head. "Nothing. Just know it's nothing."

I had to fight against smiling, but it gave out. "Okay." Like a child, he opened his arms for a hug, and I rolled my eyes before walking into his grasp.

"We cool?" Jayce questions.

"Yeah, homie," I reply. "But I kinda have to pee now, so if you'd-"