Siete | Seven

I opened my eyes, groggy from the sunlight that was seeping through my bedroom windows. I usually close them shut with the blinds to fall asleep, but hey. I take my focus away from the light and focused it on the body that was next to me. It was Jayce and I was leaning on him.

        He was asleep. On my couch.

        I grab my phone slowly that was on the cushion next to me. 6:22 AM.

        Crap, I got to get ready... and he needs to leave my house.

        I quickly hop on my feet, my legs a little soar from sleeping on a couch instead of a bed.

        "Hey, Jayce... Jayce... For God's sake, Jayce, get your ass up!" I whisper-yell before punching him in his shoulder, which was apparently enough for him to wake up. He opens his eyes and has a small smile for like a split second until he saw me walking to my closet in a hurry.

        "What's going on?" He questions stretching.

        "What's going on is that today is a school day. Its already six-thirty, and you are here in my house so I need you to leave. Like, at this moment." I blankly said. It seemed a little harsh, but this was crucial.

        Jayce raised his hands in surrender, coming off a little as a joke. "Alright, alright." He walked to my bedroom door.

        I followed him downstairs to the front door and opened it pushing him out softly. He turns back around to face me.

        "See you in school," he smiles. I smile sarcastically back closing the door on him.

        I watch as he gets in his car and drives off. I begin to walk back upstairs until I here footsteps come back to the front door. What the heck?

        I open the door more forcefully but was greeted by Papi getting ready to put his key in the already open door.

        "Uh, Papi..." I say, sort of shocked.

        "God bless you," Papi replies waiting for and answer.

        "Bendicion," I reply back, forgetting that I'm supposed to say it first. "Where have you been?"

        Papi walks in setting his suitcase on the kitchen counter. "At work, Sweet Pea. Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?" Papi questions.

        I nod smiling. "Entonces mejor que me vaya."

        I made it to school on time with five minutes to spare. I walked to my locker, and as I got there Kiki was walking towards me from the other direction.

        "Hey, chica," Kiki joked while giving me a friendly nudge with her hip. "Where did you go last night?"

        "Oh yeah about that. Sanya was having a little problem with me so I mistakenly sorta mushed her. So I just need..."

        "Wait, you hit her?" Kiki asks, shocked. I nod. "Man I've been wanting to do that for years, but looks like the little new girl beat me to it. You impress me."

        "It's what I do," I joke. "But no. All I did was push her and kick her. Once." I added for reassurance.

        "Still, you're my hero. But enough about that for now, how did you get home?"

        "How did you get home?" I rebutted, avoiding the topic of conversation.

        "Jayce. He was acting like Casper the friendly-ass ghost though. He disappeared a couple of times, before dropping the rest of us off. But, shit. Y'all seemed to disappear at the same damn time, so I'm going to guess that Mr. Ghost Face was getting especially friendly with a little Latina I may or may not know," she says, wiggling her eyebrows. "In other words, you're caught, ho."