Leaps of Faith or Leaps of Doom??

Sometimes you just gotta take a leap of faith into the unknown territory of life.

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

Alex sat in her room at the Fairy Palace. Very boring sight, but the thoughts in her head were far from boring. She got up and paced from her dresser to her nightstand, thinking. Could she do it? Was it safe? What if it was just a void and she would die? What could it be? A void? Actually water? A road to more stories??

There were so many possibilities that her head spun. She crossed to her desk and started to write down the possibilities and tools to help her find out what was out there. She stood up with her list and started to walk down to the exit of the fairy palace when she heard her name called. She looked up to see Goldilocks jogging towards her.

"Oh, hi, Goldie!" Alex said cheerfully but focused.

"Alex, I'm so glad you're alright, Jack and I were travelling around taking care of some business and had no idea what was going on till we got back!"

"I'm just fine now! Was a jarring week or so, but it's definitely better now,"

"How are things with Arthur and him going back after seeing you?" Goldie asked knowingly.

"Well, they're going as well as can be expected. Complicated but worked out,"

"Hm, well tell me if you ever need a girl talk," Goldie said, patting Alex's shoulder. "And don't go to Red, she'll flip that you sent him back," she winked and kept going down the hallway to her destination.

Alex laughed then shook her head, getting back in the zone of what she needed to do. She glanced at her list again, making a mental note of where to get each thing she needed in the Fairy Palace.

She went down to the travel wing and found a grappling hook and some rope. She also found a small bag of chalk that would work perfectly with the right spell. She grabbed a glove from the side of a horse stall and headed outside.

She neared the back of the Fairy Palace and immediately saw the edge of The Land of Stories. She got much closer to it than she had ever gotten before and started to put her hand up to it but stopped. She looked around and found a rock that was perfect for sitting on. She flicked her wand at and levitated it to the space she was standing in by the edge.

Alex sat on the rock and stashed her extra things on the ground beside her. She first took the powder and closed her eyes, lowering her wand onto the powder. She tapped it twice and opened her eyes, proud to see the powder glowing. She swirled water out of her wand into her hand. The powder and water magically congealed, making a sloppy paste-looking thing.

"Okay, here we go," Alex said, breathing in then out. She brought her hand up to her mouth and licked the paste up. It was surprisingly not that bad.

She then took her rock and threw it out into the mist ahead of her. Just like she thought, there was no ploink of it hitting water. Instead she heard a soft rustle as it landed in something that sounded like grass. The amplified hearing the magic paste had given her aided her senses.

Bravely she stepped off the rock and took one step tentatively into the mist. Her foot hit something solid at the same height of the grass on the other side of the mist. She sighed in relief and pride. She had known it wasn't just water. She took another step in so she fully disappeared into the mist.

-