Chapter 5: Questions And Answers

Shadow POV

I awoke in a room where the sound of muffled music was in the background but as I looked around it was dim as Red Neon glowed brightly around me. I was sitting at a table facing the windows with a view I had never seen before, not even the Empire State Building could top this. 'This is... beautiful,' I thought to myself as I looked at myself to see that I was wearing a different set of clothes.

 beautiful,' I thought to myself as I looked at myself to see that I was wearing a different set of clothes

I was perplexed and dumbfounded about how I got here in the first place. All I indeed remember is fighting my way out and saving... A Doctor. It pops into my head and realism sets in, I was brought back to life for something unknown altogether. But the music felt inviting and so did the lights too, I got up and headed to the doorway to open up to a hallway that stretched to a door where the music was coming from. I approached the door to automatically opened to reveal people with animal traits dancing to the music while wearing items that glow in the dark like a simple Chem light or in this case, bioluminescent paint on their bodies for their highlight in their fur or in general.

"Here arises the great warrior of Terra, the Slayer of one the arduous influencers Generals, Hunter of the battlefields of his time, and Revered Marksmen! Shadow!" the announcer said as a blinding light shone on top of me. "Please proceed to the stage," the female said.

Once I made my way through the aisle and onto the stage, then I was offered a seat how it was themed and looked like a talk show or a public interview presentation. When the audience settled down a Woman came on the stage with slightly questionable attire.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen! I'm Aerin, the Grand Admiral, and today, I'll be interviewing a special individual who crippled a race from ever gaining power against us and other species beyond our Galaxy Now, Shadow, I know you have many questions...

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen! I'm Aerin, the Grand Admiral, and today, I'll be interviewing a special individual who crippled a race from ever gaining power against us and other species beyond our Galaxy Now, Shadow, I know you have many questions about how you got here or how are you alive. But I have inquiries that require answers and I understand that you don't have to answer," she announced. "In front of a crowd?" I asked nervously as she nodded then I sighed and said, "What do you want to know?"

She smiled and asked. "Your rifle, why is it a 20mm, and why tungsten? That it's heavy enough to slow you down and cause fatigue." I replied to her question, "Parts of the weapon were made like the stock, and the foregrip was made out of a hard polymer where the stock has a Rubber soul to cushion the recoil. But I added weight to the stock to make the weapon equal and balanced weapon. The 20mm was the only thing I could use to crack the energy Shields using a modified tungsten alloy also giving the projectile a Full Metal Jacket to shoot through materials since the enemy liked staying behind the cover that was thicker than plywood or sheet metal. But there are times when I will load explosive rounds to watch their limbs be ripped off their bodies." she gave me a shocked expression I extensively knew about my rifle and its ammunition and different round types but she kind of wanted the move on after that. "Right... so why didn't you get implants like everyone else back on your planet?" she asked her second question.

"Well, when the Invaders came I was paranoid about Kingdom Khan since we had reports about the influencers able to track us through our cybernetic implants I, however, chose armor upgrades any equipment that made me invisible to them and I was right but they knew where we were and had indoctrinated a lot of good people all them which that had implants to make them tougher when it just slowed them down," I told her as I rubbed my hands together and I could tell that she was reading my body movement and behavior. "All right I have one final question. Did you have any parents or relatives?" she asked as the room went quiet. "I wish not to talk about it. But the closest was my commanding officer." I replied without showing emotion his sacrifice was worth it, then I saw that she waved off the cameras and the lights. "Come, I bet you're hungry." "Starved," I said getting up, and damn, I was hungry.