32

It was 6 in the morning when Bea finally dragged herself up from the bed and went downstairs. She noticed Scott was still comfortably sleeping while cuddled in her blanket and suddenly, the urge to just stand there and stare at his oh, so beautiful face kicked in. But she just dismissed that thought and went outside to stretch.

It was a good thing she didn't drown herself in alcohol last night or else she would've had a very bad hangover, and add the 4 hours of sleep. Although, she tried to fall back to sleep, she kept squirming in bed. Whenever she closed her eyes, Scott's face would pop out and that only made things worse for her.

To shrug off her thoughts, she went out for a quick jog to loosen up. The road was damp and she thought maybe it rained last night that's why it was chilly.

She then remembered Scott's shivering figure and almost tripped thinking about it. She collected and calmed herself, gave her cheeks light taps to wake her up, and continued her morning run.

Upon returning to their tambayan, she could smell the strong scent of garlic being sautéed. Someone was cooking breakfast. She thought, maybe it was Daniella, or Julien, but as she arrived at the kitchen, the beaming sight of Scott in an apron came before her eyes.

Scott heard someone come in and saw Bea in her sweatpants while huffing air. He immediately knew she went for a jog judging from her sweaty appearance and the way she was breathing.

"Good morning." He greeted her with all smiles. Even Scott was shocked about the sudden gesture but still continued being this warm person towards the lady.

Too bright. Why is it too bright?

For Bea, it was the first time he's seeing this side of the man. The way he was smiling at her and how he greeted her? It was all new to her. And to see him this bright made her back away and shield her eyes.

She wasn't complaining, though. She was just not used to seeing Scott all happy and giddy first thing in the morning. Because to her, he's a cold-hearted, emotionless person who never had any care about the world. To her, Scott was the perfect personification of a rock or an ice, hard and cold. And to her, it was with clear resolution that the man was incapable of making her feel things like what she was feeling now – warmth.

She had the desire to keep that smiling face to herself, but who was she to do that? She wasn't special, and she was obviously not someone who's deserving to see and keep that side of Scott.

"Ang aga mo namang nagising." Bea coolly said, trying to keep her composure before the man. She expected him to start an argument with her considering it was the only thing the two ever did since they started being friends. She expected him to roll his eyes and give her an attitude.

But Bea only received a shy and honest smile from him. "Shower ka muna habang nagluluto ako tapos gisingin mo na yung iba para sabay sabay tayo magbreakfast."

Ang domestic? So, this is what it would feel like to have Scott Crossfire as your husband?