27

Marvin wasn't always the terrible person everyone knew. During his childhood, he loved helping out his grandparents with house chores since his parents always left him with them. He always topped his classes, he made a lot of friends, and he was well-known and liked by everyone who met him.

He couldn't even dare hurt a poor ant even if he was already crying from the pain brought by the insect's bite. To others, he was the adored kid of the Castro family because of how soft and affectionate he was to everyone, even to animals and insects.

Marcelo, his older brother on the other hand, was being trained as their company's next heir to the CEO position. All pressure from his parents were being passed down to him. They were strict with him and with even one mistake, his father would beat him up physically, emotionally, and mentally.

He grew up being the perfect son for them but he felt like it wasn't still enough. Their other relatives, even non-relatives, always loved Marvin because of his easy-going nature. And he hated him for that.

His parents never favored any of them but Marcelo felt, and he knew, that if one of them would be in danger, they would save Marvin first. Because to them, he could do no wrong. To them, he was already the perfect son.

As they grew older, their parents became even stricter to Marcelo with his last year in college and final year to train as the next CEO.

"Failed?!" Their father raised his voice at Marcelo who was keeping his head down. "Marcelo, anong ibig sabihin neto? I did not raise and train you to fail one minor subject!" He threw Marcelo's report card and slapped the living shit out of Marcelo. The slap was so strong and loud, the sound echoed in their living room.

It was Marvin's first time seeing his father hit his older brother in person. He knew from the bruises and injuries Marcelo always gets the day after his training, but he kept quiet about it because when he would ask his brother, Marvin would just receive a death glare and a Mind your own business from his brother.

"Dad, that's too much." Marvin interfered, trying to pull their father away from Marcelo before he does something even more terrible than a slap. "The exams have been taking a toll on both of us. Lalo na kay Kuya with his trainings and everything. Give him a break."

Their father turned his back and let out a deep sigh trying to keep his cool.

Marvin took that chance to tend to his brother who was still keeping his head down. "Kuya, are you okay?"

Instead of answering yes or no, Marcelo furiously looked at his brother's concerned face. Marvin was about to touch the cheek his older brother got hit, but Marcelo forcefully swatted his hand and left them. Their father was calling for him to come back but he went straight to the door and drove off with his car..

Marvin didn't know why his brother hated him so much when all he ever wanted was a brother he could confide with. For years, from the start of his trainings up until now, he tried to show Marcelo that he has him when things get rough for him.