36

Scott had built walls so high and sturdy nobody could crumble, and no man dared to break – not his family, not his friends, no one. He made those walls almost impossible to break down with thoughts and expectations of not letting anyone in his life again, not anymore.

He deemed no one worthy of being in his life – permanently, at that. The last time he let someone in his life, assumed she would stay for a long time – for the rest of his life – time, destiny, and his parents got in the way.

"Can I have one?"

He built walls so high and sturdy nobody could crumble, not being aware of the small crack beginning to emerge as soon he saw Bea catching her breath after running, probably, to where he was. He had a lot of questions as to why the lady would run after him, had a lot of thoughts why Bea Mhelle Santos would rather leave the party momentarily and stand beside him.

"Baka kung anong isipin mo, ha?" Bea spoke, as if reading his mind as to why she was suddenly with him. "Hindi kita sinundan, no." The lady denied whatever accusation was showing on Scott's face. "Gusto ko lang magpahangin, nasusuffocate ako sa loob."

"Wala naman akong sinabi?" Scott dismissed. He knew they would just argue, since that was all they ever did, but remembering what happened earlier before breakfast, he couldn't, rather he didn't have the energy and cause to tease and argue with the lady.

And it was a good thing Bea didn't follow with another sardonic remark that would keep the argument longer. It really was a good thing, because all he wanted right now was some peace and quiet.

Peace and quiet.

About what? Why did he leave the room, his friends, Red?

Why did I leave Red?

"Alam mo, ilang taon na tayong magkakaibigan, though mas matagal kayo naging friends nila Daniella, pero ni isa saamin walang nakakaalam kung bakit kayo naghiwalay ni Red."

There goes his peace and quiet – flying somewhere else and never returning.

Peace and quiet. Guess he can never have that with people always being around him, but he never complained, and he's not complaining right now.

Scott had built walls so high and sturdy nobody could crumble, so when someone asks something personal about him, he would always dismiss the topic and keep quiet, not say anything further that would make him regret. Opening up to someone wasn't really in his vocabulary, nor did seeking comfort in others when he knows it was all just temporary.

As he sighed, the cracks forming in his walls were slowly getting bigger, only stopping when he realized what he was about to do.

"My father thought Red was getting in the way of my studies and trainings, kaya naisip niyang alisin lahat ng distraction sa buhay ko." Letting that out after years of keeping it in felt as if Scott let go of something so heavy, he was tired of carrying alone. And to think that the one person who would carry the burden with him was none other than Bea, who he never expected at all, it was all just new to him.