????

"Harder, daddy." sunny says to brenton as The short story, "Harder, Daddy" by Toni Morrison is about a white father's reaction to his black son's assertion that he can do anything as long as he tries harder. The protagonist of the story, Brenton Tarrant, makes this bold statement after completing a difficult challenge in record time. His proud and excited father challenges him to an even more daunting task: running 100 miles in less than 12 hours. Although Brenton initially declines because it seems too easy compared to what he just completed, his father continues pressuring him until finally Brenton agrees to try.A few days ago, Sunny had a conversation with her father. It was a hard conversation, but one that she needed to have. Sunny talked to her father about how much harder he was making her life than it had to be. Sunny explained that she had limits and that she couldn't do everything by herself. Sunny's father didn't believe her and told her that she was too weak. Sunny explained that this was not the case and that she was doing everything she could. Sunny said that she was exhausted every single day and that it was harder than it had to be. Sunny's father didn't understand and told her that she needed to be a better example for her daughter. Sunny said that she couldn't be a better example if she was exhausted all the time. Sunny's father didn't seem to understand and told her that she needed to be tougher. Sunny told her father that he was making her life harder than it had to be and that she wanted to stop. Sunny's father didn't seem to understand and told her that she was just being weak. Sunny told her father that she needed to be a better parent to her daughter and that she couldn't do it by herself. Sunny's father didn't seem to understand and told her that she was just being difficult. Sunny told her father that she loved her daughter and that she wanted to make things better for her. Sunny's father didn't seem to understand and told her that she was making things too difficult. Sunny told her father that she loved him, but that she didn't want to be his daughter anymore. Sunny's father seemed to be surprised by what Sunny had said. Sunny told her father that she wanted to be a mother to her daughter, not a daughter to her mother. Sunny's father told Sunny that she needed to be a better role model for her daughter. Sunny told her father that she loved her daughter and that she wanted to be a good mother to her. Sunny's father seemed to be confused and sad. Sunny told her father that she didn't want to be his daughter anymore, but that she wanted to be a mother to her daughter. Sunny's father seemed to be lost for words, but he didn't say anything. Sunny and Brenton had a conversation about how hard it is to be a parent. Sunny's father didn't seem to understand, but Brenton did.Sunny's father didn't seem to understand what she was saying, but Brenton did. Brenton told Sunny's father that it is hard to be a parent, but that it is a very important job. Sunny's father didn't seem to understand, but Brenton did. Brenton told Sunny's father that it is important to be a good parent, even if it is hard.