CHAPTER NINE

It stops here. With me and you. It ends with us.

I cried harder as I closed the book. I just finish reading the novel, It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover.

Damn, ang sakit. Ang sakit sakit.

I realized that the people that love us the most can be the ones that hurt us the most.

This novel tells about the abuse Lily's mother endured from her father and the physical and psychological abuse Lily faces from the person that she least expected, Ryle.

I wiped my tears and cleared my throat. Today is a happy day.

My relationship with Ryle has been going well.
And today's our second monthsarry! And we're going to have a date!

Kaya naman nag-ayos ako nang bongga bongga. I wore a checkered spaghetti dress, and  white sneakers. I ponytailed my hair because it's so mainit. Ayoko namang magmukhang malagkit sa harapan ni Ryle!

I giggled when I heard a beep. Halos takbuhin ko na ang hagdan pababa sa sala.

"Careful, Soleil!" my mother scolded me.

They were sitting on the sofa. Mukhang may pinag-uusapan sila base sa seryosong mukha nila.

I sat next to Ryle and kissed him. "I love you."

"Mahabaging Diyos!" my mother exclaimed.

Nag kuwentuhan pa kami nang ilang minuto bago mapagpasyahang umalis.

Today, we're going to the arcade! Ang tagal ko na 'tong pinangarap! An arcade date.

Dati napapa sana all lang ako pero ngayon ,hindi ko aakalaing mararanasan ko talaga.

"Ryle," I called his name while he was driving.

"Hmm?" his eyes were on the road.

"I love you."

I can't contain the happiness I felt. Ang saya-saya ko. So this is how it feels to be inlove.

He chukled. Inilapit niya ang mukha at hinalikan ako sa labi.

"Eyes on the road, Ryle. Ang landi mo."

"Omg!" I exclaimed when I saw Sebastian and Reigna inside the arcade.

It's a double date! I giggled and hugged her.

"Ano 'to? Friends pero nag dedate?" I raised a brow.

He smiled shyly. "Shhh."

We spent many hours in the arcade. We tried different kinds of game. Ryle was so patient to teach me basketball!

Sebastian and Reigna left after that. Ang sabi nila'y sa iba raw sila mag dedate.

Nang lumabas kami ay kinapa ko ang aking wallet, para sana bumili ng ice cream. My forehead wrinkled when I felt a paper.

Ryle was busy buying ice cream kaya palihim kong binasa ang note na naman.

Marami ka pang hindi nalalaman. Meet me at the cemetery.

I gulped. Marami na akong natatanggap na notes kaya nagiging kyuryoso na rin ako.

At first, I thought that person only wants to destory us but that person was so desperate.

When Ryle left, I put my hoodie and rode a taxi. I sighed heavily when I arrived at the cemetery.

Nasa bandang entrance pa lang ako ay may nakita na akong babaeng nakaupo sa bench.

So ,it was a girl.

Unti-unti akong lumapit sa kaniya at nag-angat siya ng tingin. She smiled evily. Her hair was short, ang ganda ganda niya!

"Everleigh," she extended her arms.

Hindi ko iyon tinanggap at naupo sa tabi niya.

"What do you want to talk about?"

She chukled. "Can't wait ,eh?"

"I know you're just trying to destroy my relationship with–"

"He doesn't love you," she cut me off.

I laughed. "Cut the crap."

She raised a brow. "I know him very well. He was once my crush. We were so very close that I know him very well," she said. "I transferred to another school this year."

"Oh, tapos?"

She chuckled. "Hindi ka niya mahal. Nakikita niya lang ang ex niya sayo." Pinasadahan niya ako ng tingin. "You resemble her ex too much. Your hair, the color. Your eyes. Your nose. Your lips."

I froze. "He moved on."

"Oh, did he?" she acted shock.

Kumuyom ang mga kamao ko. I want to slap her!

"He just sees her ex in you, Soleil!" I was shocked that she knew my name. "Alam mo ba kung ano ang pangalan ng ex niyang namatay?"

I shook my head. I looked away, trying not to listen. Ayoko.

"Reese," I looked at her, I thought she was calling my name but I was wrong.

"His ex's name was Reese.."

I shook my head. I don't believe her. He loves me. Ramdam ko, eh. Ramdam ko ang pagmamahal niya. I won't believe anything she says until Ryle confirms it.

"I don't believe you. He loves me."

"Talaga ba?" tanong niya na nagpatigil sa akin.

Looking back, he never told me that he loves me.

She gritted her teeth. "You are so fucking dumb," nagulat ako nang hilahin niya ang kamay ko papunta sa mga puntod.

Nadaanan namin ang puntod ng papa ko. Ilang metro mula sa puntod niya ay huminto siya.

Natigilan ako. This is where I saw Ryle the first time.

"See," she smirked. "See it for yourself," she said and walked away.

I closed my eyes. I don't want to believe that maybe, what she said was true.

Unti-unting nagmulat ang aking mga mata at bumaling sa puntod.

I froze. My lips trembled as I read it.

In loving memory of Reese Suarez.