twenty-four

Colby's been gone for five days and it's been hard. We text and facetime whenever we can.

It's just hard knowing he's in a different timezone and I'm busy at the bar. Today was one of our off days so the groups coming over to the traphouse.

While they're away, Kat and I have been house sitting. Since I'm away, Zander has been staying at our apartment with Peyton.

Kat and I have been spending a lot of time together and I honestly love it. We had a girls night one night and spent it in the movie room.

Today, everyone's coming and we're going to hang out. I told them to bring their swim suits in case we wanna go swimming.

They should be coming here soon. Kat and I were currently sitting outside on the back patio while we waited.

"I don't know how you do it." I speak out loud to Kat. She looks at me with confusion on her face.

"Do what?" She asked confused. "Be away from Sam for this long?" I ask her.

She sighs for a moment. "I thought it was going to be easier but it doesn't. I just distract myself mostly." She explained.

I frowned while thinking about it. I had to keep my head high though. Colby will be back before I know it.

"You miss him don't you?" She asked. I nodded my head towards her.

"It's weird. I didn't realize how much I would." I tell her honestly. Even though I don't talk about my feelings much, I can trust Kat.

She's going through the same thing I am. "It's hard, I know. But trust me, he'll be back before you know it." She reminded me.

Before I could say anything, I could hear the back door open. I look over to see it was Peyton and Zander.

"Are we the first ones here?" He asked as I nodded my head. "Yeah, Stas and Luke should be here soon." I explained.

Kat and I changed the topic so we could all talk to each other. When the last two showed up, we all started talking.

"So, I love you guys don't get me wrong, but is there anything specific we're doing?" That was a good point.

It's a week day so the bars aren't open. I didn't really feel like drinking so that's off the table.

I could hear Peyton start laughing to herself. "I know that laugh, what are you scheming in your head?" I ask her.

"We should prank boys." She spoke up. That did sound like fun.

"Really, how?" Stas asked smiling a little bit. She thought about it for a second.

"It has to be good. I mean we have their house for a couple more days." She pointed out.

I looked at Kat to see what she thought about it. "I can't tell you how many times the boys pranked me. I say let's do it."

That's when we all agreed to prank them. "We can't do anything to their beds knowing that's where we're going to sleep." I spoke up.

"We can't post anything to twitter knowing they won't see it for a while." Zander thought out loud.

"We could wrap everything up in wrapping paper." Peyton suggested. I scrunch my nose while shaking my head.

"There's no way we could wrap everything up knowing it's in the middle of August." I speak up.

We also said that we can't scare them too bad because then they'll want to come back early.

"We could switch out their clothing. Hang up Sam's clothes in Colby's room and vice versa."

I think it was a good idea. We ran up to Sam's room and took all of his clothes out of his closet.

Once his clothes were out, we put them in Colby's room. I started taking Colby's clothes out of the closet.

It took us an hour to switch everything, and I thought it was really fun. "I feel like we need to do something else." I tell them.

They all agreed so we thought of something else we could do. We spent the next fifteen minutes trying to plan something out.

That's when we finally thought of something to do. Kat told us how one of their old roommates put a ball pit in their living room.

We're gonna do the same thing, except we're gonna put balls all over their room.

Kat messaged Elton, their old roommate, and explained what was going on.

He gave her the number to the people he used and gave it to us. We called them and said they could come out tomorrow.

I couldn't wait. We decided to go out and swim in the pool since it was a nice day.

We listened to music on a speaker and hung out. Nolan ended up coming and helping the boys grill out.

As I was sitting there, I started feeling a little sad. I missed having the boys here with us.

Especially Colby. My heart ached knowing he wasn't here with me.

I know he's doing what he loves and I don't want to ruin that for him. His happiness means more to me than anything.

Hanging out with everyone was honestly really fun. It's nice being with them and not drinking for once.

After a few hours, everyone got tired and decided to head home. Everyone but me and Kat.

We hung out in the movie room and watched The Vampire Diaries. That show is one of my guilty pleasures.

Damon is my favorite brother in the show. Kat and I watched a couple episodes together and she ended up going up to Sam's room.

That's been a nightly routine for us. We watch The Vampire Diaries for a couple of hours and then head to bed.

It's currently midnight so Colby should be up by now. I grab my macbook and facetime Colby.

He answers on the fourth ring. "Hi, beautiful." He smiles when he sees me.

"Hi, I miss seeing your face." I admit to him. He frowns as he looks at me.

"I miss seeing your face too, angel. Don't worry though, I'll be seeing you soon." He promised.

We stayed on the phone for a while but he had to leave, sadly.

I turned on one of Colby's personal channel videos to help me fall asleep.

I had his hoodie on that smelt like him. I was watching one he did with his old roommate Corey.

I eventually fell asleep in his bed. It was probably the best sleep I've had since Colby's been gone.

Sadly, I was woken up due to Kat jumping on me. I look at her like she was crazy.

"The balls are coming today!" She squealed while jumping on the bed.

I laugh a little while sitting up. "That's the weirdest thing to wake up to." I laughed at her.

I tell her to give me thirty minutes to shower and get dressed and I'll be ready.

Slowly but surely, I get out of bed. I quickly showered and put on a pair of skinny jeans and one of Colby shirts.

Right as I went downstairs, the doorbell rang. It must be the people with the balls.

We explain how we want them in the boys room so they filled them up for us.

They filled it up so much, you couldn't even see the floor. We invited everyone over so they could see it.

We ended up filling up the whole foyer too. The six of us played in the balls for hours.

It was honestly a lot of fun with them. It did make me wish the boys were here to enjoy it with us.

But they'll be here soon.