Chapter Four: Best Behavior

"I'm fucking not going," Alfie insisted again.

"Yes, you are," Nailah said.

She was getting dressed behind a privacy screen. Alfie was sitting in a chair off to the side fuming at what she had just told him. She was invited to a ball and she wanted Alfie to attend it with her. The reason Alfie wasn't happy about it was because some members of the RGS would be there along with other prominent British officials. A mix of people that Alfie did not care for and he was certain did not care for him either.

He was about to repeat what he had just said, but his eyes caught sight of the full length mirror sitting next to the privacy screen. Alfie could see Nailah undressing. Her delicate and curvy body was reflected in the mirror while she dressed. She was completely naked except for white panties and white stockings up to her thighs. Her ample breasts and pert nipples were on full display for him. Her smooth and unblemished light chestnut skin was slightly darker after her time in the Egyptian sun, but that made her all the more tantalizing. She didn't know he could see her so she continued dressing without care.

"What did you go all quiet for? You seriously can't be that upset," she said, hooking together the straps of her bra.

"Um, just thinking," he said, continuing to watch.

Nailah glanced up at the mirror and could see Alfie in the chair watching her.

"Oh, for goodness sake! Would you please give me a little privacy?" she said, coming out and pushing the mirror to the side.

Alfie chuckled and stood up to walk to the other side of the room. But then he remembered what she had told him and his mood darkened again. He frowned at the black suit she had laid out for him.

"Just get dressed already, we'll be late," she said from behind the privacy screen.

"I told you, I'm not going," he said.

"Alfie, this is your chance to show that you are behaving. You need to regain the respect of others if you wish to rebuild your career," she said.

He hated it when she made sense. Sighing heavily, he began to get dressed. By the time he was securing his tie, Nailah stepped out from behind the screen.

"How do I look?" she asked.

She was wearing a fitted slate-gray dress. It was tasteful, but showed off her shoulders and cleavage. Her hair was loosely pinned up and her make up was lightly done. Alfie couldn't take his eyes off her.

"Well?" she said, frowning at his silence.

"You look like an Egyptian princess, luv," he said.

She blushed at his comment and walked up to him to adjust his tie.

"Please be good," she said, smoothing her hands down his lapel.

"You know me, always on my best behavior," he said, smirking.

"No drinking," she said.

"Come on..."

"No. Drinking." she emphasized.

"Alright, no drinking," he said, unhappily.

The ball was being held at the British consulate. It was a large mansion style building, made of palm wood and limestone. The exterior was painted white to keep the sun from heating the interior during the day. It was evening, the sun just now setting and gas lights lit up the consulate. A large crowd had gathered and half of a chamber orchestra was hired to play the party that night. Trays of food and wine were being served and Alfie was very tempted to double fist two red wines at the moment.