Get her

Outside the New York Public Library Peter is yelling at Ray all the way there.

"As a friend I have to tell you: you've finally gone round the bend on this ghost business. You guys have been running your ass off meeting and greeting every schizo in the five boroughs who says he has a paranormal experience. What have you seen?"

Peter gets the door for Ray.

"Of course, you forget, Peter, I was present at an undersea, unexplained, mass sponge migration."

"Ooh, Ray, those sponges migrated about a foot and a half."

Dr. Egon Spengler is under the table, listening to it with a stethoscope.

Peter runs over to him and speaks in a zombie voice. "Egon..." Peter raps table with knuckles which puzzles Egon, he then slams it with a book. He is startled and jumps up.

"Oh, you're here."

"Yeah, what have you got?"

"This is big, Peter. This is very big. There is definitely something here."

"Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. You remember that?" Peter references the time Egon once tried to drill a hole in his own head, utilizing a process known as trepanation.

"That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me." The library administrator walks up to the three.

"I'm Roger Delicore. Are you the men from the university?"

"Yes. I'm Dr. Venkman. Dr. Stantz, Egon."

"Thank you for coming. I hope we can clear this up quickly and quietly."

"Let's not rush things. We don't even know what you have yet."

They go to a smaller room. Alice is lying on a table. "I don't remember seeing any legs, but it definitely had arms because it reached out for me."

"Arms?! I can't wait to get a look at this thing!"

"Alice, I'm going to ask you a few standard questions, okay? Have you or any of your family ever been diagnosed schizophrenic, mentally incompetent?"

"My uncle thought he was St. Jerome."

"I'd call that a big yes. Uh, are you habitually using drugs, stimulants, alcohol?

"No!"

"No, no. Just asking. Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?"

"What has that got to do with it?" Roger asks

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Egon enters the room "Ray, it's moving."

As they went down to basement Egon is in front, with his PKE meter. Ray has a video camera. Peter is in the back, bored stiff. He starts making scary gestures at Ray. They come to a tall tower of books.

"Look!"

"This is hot, Ray."

"Symmetrical book stacking, just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947." Ray was amazed.

"You're right. No human being would stack books like this."

"Listen! You smell something?" They go to a card catalog; it is slimed. "Talk about telekinetic activity! Look at this mess!

"Raymond, look at this."

"Ectoplasmic residue."

"Venkman, get a sample of this."

"It's the real thing!"

"Somebody blows their nose and you want to keep it?"

"I'd like to analyze it." Egon explains.