Chapter 23 Josephine

I woke up from my peaceful slumber with a smile on my face. I blinked my eyes against the warm sun that was beating through the windows. Stretching out in bed, I noticed that I was alone. I started to panic before I heard the shower and saw the steam rolling out from under the bathroom door. I sighed and sat up, admiring the mess we had caused in the hotel room. Our clothes were everywhere, blankets were haphazardly skewed across furniture, and decorative pillows were tossed on the floor.

I looked down at my naked body, running my hands up my arms and admiring the love bites August left there. I swooned at the memories of last night, relishing in my euphoria and deciding to go with the mood. I threw off the blankets and tip toes across the room, shivering as the cold air hit my skin.

"Now that's a sight I could get used to." I cried out as August's voice nearly gave me a heart attack. I wrapped my arms around myself and attempted to hide behind the sofa.

"You scared me half to death." I complained. August chuckled and covered the room in a few long strides. His sexy self was standing in front of me, dripping wet, covered only in a towel. I scanned the full length of his body, shamelessly, and came to rest on his eyes.

"I'm sorry, baby." He purred, tugging at my arms,

"I told you not to hide yourself from me." He said. I shrugged,

"I'm not a good listener." I smirked. August rolled his eyes.

"That's painfully obvious." He grumbled, letting go of my arms and heading towards his suitcase. I continued picking through my suitcase for some clothes.

"I figured we could get some breakfast and then head home?" August said, tugging a shirt over his head. That answered my question on what kind of outfit I needed for today.

"Sounds perfect." I chriped, grabbing my discarded jeans from the floor and a sweatshirt from my bag.

"I like those better on the floor." August growled, trying to grab my pants from my hands. I giggled and avoided his reach, running into the bathroom and closing the door.

"You can't hide what's mine!" He yelled from the bedroom. I peaked out from behind the door,

"You don't own me, Alpha." I said with a crooked grin so he knew I was teasing him. He nipped at me through the slit in the door and I slammed it in his face.

I took a quick shower and got dressed. I swear, I was ready in less than 30 minutes, but you would have thought it took me hours. August had a room full of breakfast waiting for me.

"What is all this?" I laughed in surprise.

"I told you we were going to get breakfast." August shrugged casually, sitting at the tiny dining table with a plateful of bacon, eggs, and sausage. Across from him was another plate stacked a mile high with pancakes. I licked my lips,

"Are those for me?" I pointed towards the plate.

"Duh." August joked, sticking a forkful of food into his mouth. I skipped to the table and joined my mate for breakfast.

"I love you." I said with my mouthful. August looked at me when one eyebrow raised. I stabbed the pancakes,

"The pancakes. I love the pancakes." I clarified, but I wasn't really sure that I needed to.

"Mhm." August grinned, taking another bite of food. We finished up breakfast about an hour later, savoring every minute we had together. With our bags packed and road trip music established, we were both buckled into the car and heading home.

"Can I ask you something kinda serious?" I sighed after a few comfortable minutes in silence.

"Someone likes serious road trip conversations." August observed and I shrugged.