Chapter 19

The thought of going on a caravan brought back the traveling time you had spent when leaving the orchard after that horrid night.

Glancing at some of the children who had been walking made the memory all the more mirrored with reality. One part of your brain thinks it wasn't real, while the other part knows it was, given the markings along with your absent parents that even now the feeling of meeting them didn't seem all that important anymore.

Perhaps it's just the feeling of growing more mature and then having the responsibility of saving other people's lives has now become more important.

"I don't mean to intrude on your thoughts, given the serious expression, but may I ask you a few questions?" Came to a man dressed in rather nicely leather clothing for someone being a simple villager.

Glancing at the buckle of your boot thinking for a moment before glancing up at the man "I don't see why not. It would help distract me." you replied politely.

"My name is saint Germain, couldn't help but have noticed that the writings amongst your arms have caught my eye," Germain said, taking a small book out of his coat pocket "I'd very much like to document them if you don't mind me?"

Although the markings never entirely bothered you and seeing as Adrian never once made any negative expression or brought up the opposition of perhaps removing them.

"I don't see why not." You smiled holding out your arm for the man who seemed pleased like a child given candy.

Although, not all eyes were completely okay with it.

Adrain frowned seeing as you had willingly let someone analyze your arm. He thought you'd be more inclined on keeping to yourself about it but seems not.

Greta glanced seeing as to what had made the almighty Alucard bothered finding it amusing that someone who was thought to be ruthless and emotional as a stone would be bothered for a little lady like you to be sharing something.

"Does she not have any friends?" Greta questioned snapping Alucard out of his pouting.

Alucard looked at Greta surprised then at the road ahead seeing a long way to go "It's complicated, She remained by herself when we were younger having lived in a satanic orphanage three days from the castle."

"But, here she is standing beside you. I don't think she'd leave your side very easily."

Alucard glanced back seeing you having a lovely chat it seems with the merchantman having a small smile appear "She's like an apple, she's sweet but also can be bitter under circumstances."

Having almost lost his head had it not been for a slash of red to cut through the ambush of monsters hiding within the trees.

"Will you two get your heads sharpened! There are monsters here!' you yelled before yanking saint Germain onto your horse and swatting it to run.