Chapter 24

Jasmine woke up and frowned when she realized that she was back in her room at the guys' house. She slowly sat up and looked around. Noticing that her door wasn't shut she walked over to it and froze when she heard her daughter laughing whole heartedly. She smiled softly then headed to the bathroom and started the shower.

For some reason she could always think better while she was in the shower. She stood under the water and sighed. What was she going to do? She didn't want their blood money, it made her stomach curl when she thought about it. She knew she couldn't run because they would just find her and yet at the same time she had to face reality and admit to herself that she felt safe with them. Her daughter was so happy and they were helping her deal with Mason as well. She closed her eyes and sighed. Raziel admitted that they had legitimate businesses and that was another thing, he was finally back in her life after all these years. He was the same boy and yet at the same time he was a completely different person. She groaned, she had no idea what to do. A part of her wanted to stay here and be with him like they always talked about but she couldn't ignore the fact that those four men downstairs were also killers and did very bad illegal things. She was so confused she just wanted to scream. Why couldn't anything in her life ever be simple?

The water turned cold and she frowned, she was no where closer to figuring out what to do then when she first stepped in. She turned the water off and wrapped a towel around her before stepping out. She gasped when she saw that her clothes were no longer on the floor and there was a new outfit on the counter. It looked like it was a comfy set of sweats, a tank and a zip up hoodie. She frowned, she didn't hear anyone come into the bathroom but then again she had to admit she was very deep in her thoughts. She dried off and got dressed then started working on combing out her tangles.

(Meanwhile)

"She's getting in the shower," Asher said as he came downstairs. "I heard the water turn on as I passed her room." He grabbed his car keys, "I have to go or I'll be late." He kissed Lilly's head then rushed out the door.

"I'll go grab her clothes in just a bit," Daemon nodded as he slid the bowl of mixed fruit over to Lilly. He waited until Lilly was almost done with her fruit then went upstairs, grabbed Jasmine's clothes and left the new clothes on the counter then headed down to the laundry room.

He emptied out her pockets and frowned when he found a piece of paper in her pockets. He sat it to the side and started a load of laundry. Grabbing the paper, he came back and handed it to Raziel, "What's this?" he asked curiously.

"Don't know," Daemon shrugged. "It was in her pockets."

"Mommy right that we go for trip," Lilly smiled then took a drink of her milk.

"Really?" Raziel asked as he opened the folded piece of paper. He skimmed over it and chuckled. "She really thought of everything, using cash would have definitely made it nearly impossible for us to find them," He handed it back to Daemon, who read it and shook his head.

"Good thing it didn't get that far," Daemon mumbled as he tossed it down on the counter.

"Hey Trouble," Raziel said nervously when he caught her coming down the stairs. "Would you like some breakfast?"

"No thank you," She said softly as she looked around nervously.

"Lucian and Asher are in court right now," Raziel offered when he saw she was looking around.

"Oh," she said sitting at the table.

"Are you sure you don't want anything to eat, Baby?" Daemon asked softly.

"Not hungry," She shook her head.

"If you have any questions—" Raziel started to say but she shook her head and he stopped. "Okay, when you are ready."

"Excuse me," She whispered as she got up and headed outside. Onyx came running over to the fence and she smiled when he got down so she could climb on him.

"Ma'am, a saddle?" David asked and she shook her head. "Yes Ma'am."

She got on his back and he carefully stood then started walking off. She wasn't worried about leaving Lilly with Raziel and Daemon. She knew in her heart that despite them doing very bad things, they would protect her with their lives. Man, she was so torn right now...