three | to the races

✿

1814 — GREECE.

IN GREECE, JOSIE HAD BEEN PURE JOY.

And Colin Bridgerton was not going to ruin that for her. As much as she despised the thought of spending time with Colin, Josie was rather eager at the thought of showing someone new the city and country she had come to love.

So, Josie had done what she did best: she bossed the two about. The two friends had exchanged a look with Freddie shrugging at Colin with a smile on his face.

"It's Josie," said Freddie. "I'm used to it after all these years."

"I feel like I should be too with four sisters," Colin commented.

"Right, enough talking," Josie started. "If time is limited, then we should get going."

"Can we at least finish breakfast first?" Freddie asked.

"You can eat while I talk," Josie decided, pulling out her folded-up cherished map from her small bag. As she spoke, Josie pointed to each tourist spot on the map, feeling the spark of excitement ignite inside her. "First, we will start with The Acropolis of Athens, then we will head to the Temple of Hephaestus before looping back to the Stili Olimpiou Dios. There's this wonderful market street along the way too, so we can stop there for a brief bite to eat."

"I was hoping to—"

Josie had risen her eyebrows, causing Colin to fall silent.

"If you want to see Athens, then you must see it right," Josie advised him.

"Very well," Colin decided, holding Josie's stare with an amused smile. "Lead the way then, Josie."

Josie was not sure if Colin's smile was teasing or not, so she scowled at him, watching as the smile had evaporated from his face. Though Josie was determined to stick to her plan of not wasting a single second more, so she dragged the two out, knowing they would not be returning until at least nightfall.

Even with it being the cooler months, the sun still bore down on them with Josie having a sun hat on her head, the ribbon tied beneath her chin, agitating her. The dress she wore was thinner than the dresses she wore at home — and no corsets!

By foot, the three walked with Josie and Freddie both pointing out everything they had come to discover about the city to Colin. When they came to the historical sites, Josie had started to list facts to Colin, not expecting him to finish them.

Yet, as they had eventually looped back around to head towards the market later in the day, Josie had paused at the Acropolis again. Staring up at the temple, Josie had felt her heart thud, still mesmerised by the historical attraction, never getting tired of seeing it.