Prologue: the final selection

Sabito's Pov:
"I'll be back." I said to the younger boy beside me and turned around to leave. I needed to help those people. "Wait! Sabito-" he grabbed my hand. "Please...Don't leave me..." I turned around again. He was looking at the ground so I lifted his chin up to look into his beautiful ocean eyes. I gave him a warm smile "I'll be alright, Yuu. Ok?" He hesitated for a bit. "...Promise me you won't die." Now I was the one to hesitate. Would I be able to keep such a big promise? "I promise." I told my best friend and he gave me a small smile in return. "Stay safe!" I said before running towards the screams.

That was a huge mistake...

I had just sliced off the head of a demon going for a boy in a black haori when I heard a noise in the distance.

I ran towards it and saw a massive demon with WAY too many hands! I knew I'd have to kill it in order to protect future demonslayers. Then again, I also knew that it was stronger than me and that I had made a promise to my Giyuu. I didn't have time to make a decision since the next thing I knew, a lot of arms shot at me.

The fight has been going on for a long time and I'm slowly loosing power, has it only been an hour? It doesn't matter right now! I need to slice his head off before-

...

...oh no

...

I was looking at my -now broken- katana in shock. Oh no. Nonononono. The hands shot at me. I knew I was going to die. I closed my eyes, for ehat I thought was the last time, preparing for my life to come to an end. "I'm sorry...Yuu"

...

"I'm sorry too!" Was the last thing I heard before I felt myself being pushed away and hitting the ground. Then it all went black...

I woke up a few days later.

He was gone...

They told me there was no body found but a lot of blood had been seen.

"He got eaten."

How could they tell me those cruel words?
I knew I'd never be able to get them out of my head. They just felt so unreal. How could I let this happen? He was only 13...

I went into a rage fit and went on a killing spree.
I slaughtered every single demon on the island, including that ugly hand-demon.

I cried for days. I couldn't eat or sleep either and spent the whole time hiding myself from the world and mourning the loss of my best friend.

No...

he was more than that...

I loved him!

Giyuu didn't deserve this...

Fast forward:

3rd person Pov:

It's been a few years since that fateful day.
Sabito became the water hashira in record time and wherever he went, slayers would recognize him and whisper "Look, it's the hero who saved thousands!" But Sabito didn't see himself as a hero, as he couldn't even save the one he loved.

The peach haired man was also known to be very kind and friendly even if there was a shadow in his aura. He had a good relationship towards the rest of the hashira, they got along with him quite nicely. But when asked to hang out with them, he would always decline with a kind smile, saying he's busy. In reality he just thought he didn't deserve to be happy.

...Not after letting Giyuu die...

He had the strong opinion that Giyuu should have been the one to live, that he would have been a better hashira than he ever could.

Sabito was currently running up a snow-covered hill. His crow had told him there was an attack but there's a chance he couldn't save them anymore. He tried regardless. Never should anyone ever die because of him again!

"Not again, not again!" He kept chanting in his head, trying to sprint even faster! He only stopped as an old wooden hut appeared in front of him. The smell of blood was so strong, so overwhelming, he fell to his knees, covering his nose. "No..."

He knew he was to late...

There were no survivors...

But suddenly he smelled a bit more blood further down the hill.

Maybe there was still hope and someone survived!

But wait...

That smell...

...

...IS THAT A DEMON?!

—————————————————————————
An: why hello there :3
I don't really have anything to say, so thanks for reading this shit, have a nice day! (Next update is probably this sunday)

-Arty✨

Question of the day: what's your favorite song?
I have no social live so please comment :,)