First day

Chapyer 4

Cleo

I handed Ren my schedule and he looked it over, his eyes brightened as soon as he looked back at me.

" we have all of the same classes!" he looked so happy, and I don't know why. " here come on let's go to Spanish." he said and he pulled on my arm into the direction the Spanish class, well I was guessing. These hallways. All look so familiar.

" so where did you come from." Ren asked me.

" from bromley, well I used to live here in Stratton but I moved and then came back." as I finished my sentence it finally clicked. This is my old school, the school I went to with my older brothers, whom are now dead. I felt tears prick my eyes and Ren noticed.

" Cleo you okay." he said holding my shoulders. I looked up at him. Swallowing the lump in my throat.

" oh yeah I'm fine, I just realized that this was my old school. I used to go here with my siblings." I said looking down. As we turned the corner I came to a complete stop, but Ren contined walking on. When he noticed I wasn't with him he turned around.

" Cleo come on."

" wait come with me for a sec Ren I want to see that display case." I grabbed onto Ren's arm and slowly walked over to the display case I couldn't take my eyes off of. I occasionally got bumped into but Ren was a good wall. My knees grew weak as I saw the pictures of the smiling faces of my brothers and I together. Some of the photos were them playing soccer, or classroom photos, but then there were some with all of us in them. I almost didn't hear Ren speak because I was too focused.

" I heard these guys were the best soccer players at this schoo. Too bad they didn't make it- wait Cleo is that you?" Ren asked turning towards me.

" yes it is and those are my brothers. They died in a car accident last year." I said suddenly feeling numb.

" oh I'm sorry, that must have been hard to get a call about that." he said his eyes full of pity. I clenched my fists.

" oh yeah? Well try being in that car with your dad and 3 brothers and being the only one that survives." I said. I turned around and spotted the Spanish class room and walked towards it, leaving Ren breathless behind me.