4

"Which one do you prefer a three-piece or two?" A woman in a simple yellow sweatshirt and denim pants came walking showing me my options of tuxedos.

I look at it intently, The three-piece suit looks so grand to see it's maroon with a black polo inside.

I'd look like I'll be going to a party. while the other one looks too casual that I'd look like I'll be a guest from a show.

"From the look of your face. it doesn't seem you're liking any of them." She concluded and just walk back to the closet to find new suits.

I heard Xander chuckle. "Emma really knows you well." I just shrugged at the thought.

"Can you let my hair not be too stiff? it looks like it's ready to capture a lizard anytime." I complained to the hair stylist who just light bowed his head to ask for an apology.

"I don't know what kind of look you want to portray later, Lai. you've rejected more like a bunch of suits already." Emma inserted as she came back from the closet.

"This is the last two options left-"

"I'll take the one you're holding at your right." I stated without letting her finish.

"Still the usual, your taste never disappoints," Emma commented when she look at my choice.

It's a three-piece suit, Black turtleneck with black vest. I'm just sure I'll be partnering it with either a formal coat or a trench coat since it's winter.

 I'm just sure I'll be partnering it with either a formal coat or a trench coat since it's winter

"Just to remind you, mate. we're not going to a funeral." Xander joked without removing his gaze from his book.

"Just so you wait, I'll be trending on Twitter."

_____

Snowflakes show how the weather is cold for everyone. I don't know if it's the weather or it's just me who doesn't feel any warmth.

It's been years since the last time I felt that. when I did, it didn't even last long.

Seeing how peaceful the neighborhood is, who would've thought illegal acts still happen every day.

Just to think of it, Does she still do it?

if she does, did she get a new accomplice to enjoy it?

just the thought of seeing her with someone else. even if it's wrong, I'd kill for that position.

"Lai, we're here. The staff is just preparing our seat before we get out so we won't freeze later." Xander notified me as he just got back from the location.

I told him to stay in the car for a while as they do it. he says he still has a lot to confirm so he just told me to wait inside until he calls me so.

So I look outside the window and watch how the snow falls to the ground. the silence is deafening so the driver plays the radio to kill it.

Remember when we first met?
You said "light my cigarette~"

Just to hear the first line of the song already brought back certain memories we once had.

.
.
.
.
.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" She drove the car on the side of the road and aggressively shut the door when she came out of it.

"Are you okay? did I hit you somewhere?"

The way she ask as she checked me with her hands on my cheeks made me feel something in my stomach.

"Don't just stare, tell me!" This time she shouted.

I can see how worried and scared she was in her innocent doe eyes.

that moment, I'm willing to risk it all.

so I stood up from the ground and came to her. I hold her cheeks and let my emotions take the most out of me.

The second I close my eyes, I felt her soft lips on mine. The mix of strawberries and cigarettes all in one kiss.

I just know I don't wanna let go. cause if I did, I know that she'll just push me away again.

And she did.

"What are you doing?" I heard her whisper. but I can see the hope in her eyes.

"Are you really just gonna leave me like that?" I asked. not minding that we're being the center of attention on the road.

I might sound desperate but I didn't care what she would think...

I'm already desperate when she found me in the first place.

"You don't deserve that kind of life. You deserve much more."

she didn't say yes, she didn't say no either.

"Look I can't even keep you safe, your head is bleeding." she said when she retracts her hand from my cheeks. But her words gave me her intention.

"You want me to go?" I asked again, not letting go. hoping she'll give me a different answer this time.

She gave me a bitter smile, the same smile I saw when we were back at the bridge. the same smile I saw when she found me.

"I want you to fix your life." she blurted. I know how much it's hard for her to say it because it's almost a whisper.

I shook my head telling her that I want to stay. but she shushed me.

"Listen to me. I showed you this side of the world to tell you that life is not always about taking the straight path. I might be doing this stuff. but look at how it got us to."

I swallowed a lump in my throat. trying my best to not cry in this situation.

"I don't want you to waste your life just to be with someone you barely know." she added this time she let her head lean on my chest, so I can feel her heavy breathing.

"But can you promise me one thing, British funk?" her way of talking made us both smile.

I nodded, waiting for her to continue.

"Can you fix your life for me?"

_____
_________

I hope you liked the first set of chapters. I'll be back with a few more. so please vote as support and comment down to share your thoughts.

Yours truly,
- L