12

"What's taking him so long?" 

I checked my wrist watch and its been 15 minutes since Lai left the car. It's supposed to be just a five minute order. 

I let out a sigh and decided to just follow him to the cafe he entered a couple of minutes ago. 

I knocked the car's window to notify the bodyguard outside to open the door for me. and got out swiftly. making my walk a bit faster. 

Just when I was outside the cafe, I saw the familiar YSL red coat he's wearing. 

Seriously, is the world getting small right now when I don't want it?

There's no way I'm letting him stall when my sweet Emma is waiting.

Hell no, Kang Yu Na 

"Mr. Knox! I've been looking everywhere for you." I called with the best enthusiasm I can.

Since it made him budge to his position, I think i made a good job getting attention.

I hurriedly pull his arm to stand up since he's been in his knees when I saw him.

What kind of k-drama is this girl trying to pull this time?

"Xander, I was helping Ms. Kang." He explained.

I just made an eyesmile to her and I saw her bow lightly.

Embarrased now, is she?

"We're just thinking where you've been all this time, Hannah. When you're supposed to meet us earlier for the business meeting." I inserted making her stiff at her spot.

Gotcha now, huh?

"I had an emergency on my way earlier, sir. I apologize for the hassle. " Once again, she bowed. Lower this time.

"Xander stop it." Lai whispered to me that made me chuckle.

"Why? You don't like miss damsel in distress getting hit by reality?"

His jaw hardened. "No need for the apology, Miss Kang. We'll just go on our way. Be careful with your coffee next time."

Lai just left and I remained. "I know we don't know each other as you know Lai, Miss Kang."

My words must have caught her attention when she stopped at her pace when she's about to go back at the counter.

"But trust me, I prefer it that way. You're still a nightmare that Lai should forget."

I fixed my coat and aligned my specs as I turn around to leave the place. I took out a two hundred thousand won and gave it to the waitress.

"Use this to pay for that lady's order, keep the change. "

The waitress bowed in respect and gone to the cashier. While she's still there quite in awe as the cashier keep repeating her order. 

"I wonder what's your plan now, but there's no way i'll let you ruin Lai again, Not in my watch."

____

As the static coming from the radio echo inside the car, my patience has been paining me. so just when Xander get inside the car, he just ordered the driver to continue driving as if he didn't pull anything earlier.

"What the fuck is your problem there, Smith?"

I started as soon as he got in the passenger's seat.

He eyed me at the front view mirror.

"That's called, bringing you back to reality. And yes, you're most welcome, Lai."  He answered sarcastically.

I can't help myself but get annoyed.

"You didn't have to be so rude to her, what did she ever do wrong for you to treat her like that? "

I heard him chuckle. Which amazed me how he could still be calm when I'm furious.

"May I remind you, Nickolai. Why you're here. And the promise you made to me."

My breathing hicked. Which made me fall to my seat and look away to the window.

"Im so glad you didn't forget." Xander said happily as if its not something big.

"She's just going to distract you again." I heard him add.

"And if I may. Isn't it a bit a cute coincidence that she'll just appear again when you just debuted as the Knox CEO and not along those five fucking years?"

I felt a bit of pain in his last words. So I look at him, and saw how his face is frustrated and angry at the same time.

Xander is right.

It may be painful to admit but he's right, and it's true.

I've known it but im such a fool to ignore it.

I heard Xander sigh. "You know that i always support you no matter what decision you have, right?"

I look at him with familliarity. And he did the same thing.

"But, wake up mate. She'll just use you again."

If there's someone who really understands me, it's Xander. He's been sticking beside me ever since i came back.

And he helped me cope up with pressure and loneliness. Alongside with Emma.

Right, Emma...

I shot Xander a glance of help.

"Don't worry, I did everything. And it's all prepared. We just have to pick Emma at the hotel."

I sighed in relief. "Thanks, man."

"Yeah yeah, what will you do without me?"

Okay, I see that mischievous grin again.

"Just be good to her, and we'll be good too. You might not understand me now, but soon you'll do."

Xander could be really serious at times, I guess that's how it goes when it comes to his friends and family.

The driver slowly drives the car at the front of the hotel and I could see a human figure standing in the middle of the lobby.

I get out of the car, and I was surprised when Xander get out of it too. And patted my shoulder and whispered something before getting inside the hotel.

.
.
.

"Stop chasing the ones that burns, treasure the ones that shine for you. "