14. (Levi's Song)

(Levi is italic, Petra is bold and italic, everyone is bold)

"I was born in '53, with all my life in front of me I thought you'd care to notice... I just want you to notice me...~ Mama, maybe it's today, maybe today he'll say "I don't know what I'd do without, you don't know what I'd do without the words that I hear right now. I'm sorry I've been gone and I'm comin' home I'm comin' home." Last night!~ I was fine! Droppin lines and gettin mine! This goal, bet it's a role. Smokin kine and actin so disgraceful! "Oh-oh!" "She knows~ time is on my side!" "Oh-oh!" "She knows~~ she's lost control SHE'S LOST CONTROL! SHES LOST CONTROL!!" (I'm comin' home) Isn't it so interesting the way he branded all that he touched? Oh well, somewhere in my heart of hearts... I knew it all along. But I'm still findin out. Maybe it's somethin' else this time, maybe it's somethin I can't find maybe it's somethin, maybe it's somethin... Maybe it's nothin. Baby's it's nothin new... Since the start it was all planned out and always hard. I'm sorry I've been gone... I'm comin' home, IM COMIN HOME! Last night, I was fine Droppin lines and gettin' mine... This goal, bet it's a role.~~ Smokin kine and actin so disgraceful..! "Woah-oh..!" "She knows time is on my side!" "Woah-oh-oh..!" she knows she's lost CONTROL!"

🎶🎶🎶

"Last night, I was fine droppin lines and gettin mine..! This goal, bet it's a role..! Smokin kine and actin so disgraceful! "Woah-oh" "She knows~~ time is on my side" "Woah-oh!~" "She knows~~ she's lost CONTROL-OH~ Take me (she's lost control) (Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da) Take me~ (she's lost control!) (Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da) Take me~~ (Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da) Take me...~~ HOME!!"

The song ended and everyone cheered as Levi breathed in and breathed out for holding that note for awhile.

He smiled widely, almost a genuine smile.

"ANOTHER GREAT SONG FROM LEVI LIKE ALWAYS! PLEASE THE BACKSTORY!!" The announcer yelled in the mic with everyone still cheering.

Levi chuckled silently as he walked to the mic. "Okay.. So this song is about my mom, dad, an I. My dad was a cheater, he would go out and do what he wanted. One day he was up and gone leaving me and my mother to defend ourselves... I prayed a lot, hoping he would come back and help us, my mom went through a difficult time on her husband leaving her without no letter, no notes, no details on where he could've gone, nothing. She's lost control by going crazy, not eating, attempting suicide, abusing me physically and mentally..." As Levi spoke he remembered the harsh days he had with his mom. "I wanted my father to come back to get my mom into shape even though he was an ass to me, but I didn't care. I needed my mom to be better. I wanted to go home... Home to when everything was okay. To when our family was happy. I wanted to go back in time. But that's not how life works." Levi stopped talking and everyone went quiet before they slowly started to clap and yell their names especially Levi's. Levi wiped his sweat off with his handkerchief before he was escorted off the stage.

Levi walked to the bottom of the stage lightly jogging down the steps. He saw Eren and his band. "G-good job..." Eren mumbled as he looked away.

Levi's POV

"Thanks brat." I mumbled. I noticed there was more people coming from their rooms and to the stage to their songs. We might be here for awhile...

We walked quietly towards the elevator together. We're rivals... But lately we've gotten closer. Almost freaks me out a bit.

-

We were in our rooms, everyone decided to take a short nap while we waited. I was starting to get bored of waiting. I almost had a really bad feeling...

After everyone woke up, we talked, and I stalked Eren's instagram knowing he was doing the same. I don't know why we stalk eachother it's stupid. But I guess we can't help it?

We should just add eachother.. Wait no- We should not. Nope nope nope.

-

"Please come down to the stage as we will begin the name calling."

Everyone rushed out to the elevators, we got inside and tried to go down but couldn't. Eren walked inside with his band and we were squished again. I rolled my eyes as he stood infront of me with his tall self.

We made it to the 7th floor and ran towards it. They then began.

"For third place... We have.. LILIANA BRISSA COMING BACK FOR A STRONG THIRD PLACE FOR THE SECOND TIME!"

She screamed loudly out of happiness and ran up their with her friends happily cheering as she got her trophy.

Eren said good job to her before they did the second calling. Could be me or Eren again...

"For second..." The announcers eyebrows furrowed making my eyebrows stick together. "We have... REINER BRAUS AND BERTOLT HOOVER!"

My eyes darted towards Eren and his eyes darted towards me. Both of our bands stared at eachother. We knew what this meant. One of us or both of us wasn't on this leaderboard... We're at risk..

Fuck.

I bit my lip as I looked away from Eren. We stared up at the announcer from the bottom of the stage.

"And for first place... COMING IN STRONG WE HAVE EREN YEAGER!"

My eyes widened and so did Eren's. They ran upstairs and got their trophy and was stunned slightly.

Petra, Hanji, and Erwin both looked confused. I had to get out of there and calm down. It wasn't about or being first place, it was the fact we weren't on the leaderboard at all.

I ran out the room as fast as I could and ran to the elevators.

I saw my band and Eren's band chase after me but quickly I pressed the button to close it. It closed and I was taken downstairs.

I'm no poor sport, but I was confused... So very confused. I knew it. The judges are playing a fair game. Dammit.

Damn.... Damn... Damn!

I ran out of the hotel and kept running not knowing where I was going. I made it to a random empty spot and sat at one of the chairs.

Was I having an anxiety attack because I lost... Or am I scared to disappoint you... Scared to go home so early and go back to getting... No... I don't want to go home. Not yet not ever.

-

Eren's POV

I couldn't help but feel so sad for Levi. 5 years ago this happened but it was me who wasn't on the leaderboard. Now it's Levi who's not.

Was it karma? I don't believe so... He seemed off. Everyone saw it. But he still did so good and tried to hide it. But he wasn't there... He was out of it.

What if he... Gets thrown out? There's no way he could right?!

I stayed in the room after searching for Levi for awhile. We had a conversation with Levi's band and how they are happy for us and Levi will get over it, but I don't believe Levi was hurt by losing completely... He was scared.

So very scared and I wanted to know why.