Chapter Nineteen.

Madam Monica needed me at the salon by 7:00 am on Monday. There was a group of women who needed their hair styled for a tea party at 11:00am, so I had quite the busy morning. Ed came to check in on me at 9:00am and I was starving, so she said we could break together at LavaGirl cafe.

Within forty-five minutes, we were done with all seven women, and my stomach was screaming.

"Done for the day!" Madam Monica called after me as I exited.

"Mm-hm!" I replied.

I was on my way to LavaGirl cafe but stopped in my tracks as a certain someone crossed my mind.

"You'll see me tomorrow, and we'll talk and be together for as long as you want."

Callum.

My feet rotated and began leading me to Mr. Vaughn's workplace. After last night, I had to check up on him to see how he was doing. Would he still be affected by the drugs, I wonder.

Although it wouldn't be such a bad thing if he was.

Bad girl, Rosie.

I cursed myself for having selfish thoughts about senseless Callum and pushed the doors to his workplace open. He was the first person I saw, arranging the toys on the shelf to the right. He was dressed in black trousers and a white button-up with a black sweatervest over it.

It had been relatively cold in the early morning, so I'd worn a light brown shawl over my long sleeved dress but it was warm now and I'd abandoned the shawl back at the salon.

Callum lowered his arms from the shelf and turned to the side, immediately spotting me.

He stilled, clear surprise etched on his face.

I offered him a nervous smile and a little wave. "Hello."

I didn't want the awkwardness to linger anymore so I stepped forward, deciding to go straight to the point. "So about yesterday-"

"I'm sorry," he intercepted with an apology.

Classic Callum.

I stared at him, waiting for him to continue. He probably had a lot more to say than I did, anyway.

"Yesterday, I was-" He swallowed as his skin flushed. "-inappropriate. Quite handsy and clingy and - Oh my God, I'm so embarrassed." He brought his hands over his eyes, shutting them and pinching the bridge of his nose. "I don't even know how to face you, Rose."

I tried really hard not to smile. "It's alright."

"No, it's not," he groaned, running his fingers through his dark locks. "Even though I was drugged, my behaviour was still inexcusable. I-I shouldn't have done that. I can't imagine how uncomfortable you must have been."

I stepped forward. "Honestly, it's alright," I repeated.

It was more pleasant than uncomfortable.

"But..." he looked at me with helplessness in his eyes and I smirked.

"It pays seeing you wallow in embarrassment right now," I teased.

He groaned at my remark, but smiled anyway.

"I'm actually concerned with what you said last night," I admitted. "That it was all water under the bridge and you weren't angry anymore. Did you really mean that?"

He blinked and bit his bottom lip. The slight silence made my nerves prick in anticipation.

"Actually, Rose, I..." he started and his shoulders stooped in defeat. "Yes, I did. After our falling out last Sunday, I was upset. But by Wednesday, I wanted to see you so I could make things right. I was ready to talk and make things work because somehow I still believed you genuinely cared for me."