【memories】

"It's not surprising that some people grow up to be killers."

"Some people..."

"Some grow up to catch them."

SUMMARY

The name Hotchner wasn't always one that received respect

The name Hotchner wasn't always one that received respect. Growing up, Gale disliked being called by her father's name. She truly felt as if she didn't know the man at all. He was outwardly aggressive and emotionally uninvolved with his wife and three children. After her father died Gale decided to go by her mother's maiden name, Holland. Gale had to teach herself a lot of things and spent a majority of her time at her best friend Lisa Young's house. Gale yearned for summer vacation, for a time when the person she loved most would return from school, her brother Aaron.

Gale idolized her older brother. Aaron was strong and took care of her and their brother Sean when their mother was off at work. Her favorite childhood memories were the one's where she and her brothers went to library to read and get ice cream cones at the local dairy parlor. He loved and protected his little siblings from everyone and everything. He did everything he could for them before he returned to law school and to train for the FBI.

Everything changed once Gale went to high school. She continued her love for books, but was drawn into a different crowd. She joined the varsity cheer team and always out at parties. She got caught up in the drugs and alcohol and wasn't in her right mind the night Lisa was kidnapped and murdered. Despite Aaron telling her that it wasn't her fault, Gale was never able to forgive herself for not being there for her friend.

The second she graduated high school she moved out of her family home and went to college at William and Mary. She pursued a degree psychology and sociology and tried her best to understand the minds of criminals. She never stopped searching for answers about what happened to her best friend.

She always remained close to her brother and his family. After he started working for the behavioral analysis unit, she moved to Washington and started working as a forensic psychologist. She believed what her work led to a good cause. By understanding these horrible people she was able to help families come to peace and prevent such actions from recurring. But she always felt like she was made for more.

Following in her brother's footsteps, Gale began training for the FBI. She believed that her mind and skills would contribute well to the BAU. It was only a matter of time before she realized she was in over her head. She would need to learn how to work with a team, especially when that team consisted of her older brother and cute brainiac with an eidetic memory.