two - a trained mind

Chapter Two: A TRAINED MIND

2x06

____________

It had been a little over a year since Gale had gotten involved in the BAU. From her recent talks with Hotch, she had learned that Elle had become somewhat of a loose cannon. After their latest case, Hotch had ordered that Elle undergo a psych evaluation. Gale had received a reputation among higher ranking officials as a pretty credible psychologist and despite not being completely finished with her training, Elle had been assigned to meet with her.

Gale had set up her office neatly and waited her Elle to arrive. Minutes became hours and still there was no sign of Elle. She had tried calling and still received no response. Giving her the benefit of the doubt Gale had decided to go home for the night. When she still hadn't received a response by the morning Gale decided to make another surprise trip over to the BAU.

She arrived early before the rest of the team. She thought to fix herself a coffee, but quickly Hotch opened the doors dressed in his usual suit and tie. Hotch looked over, happy to see his sister, and continued to walk toward his office. "Gale, how did the evaluation go?"

Gale scoffed at his reaction. It was like this of Hotch, to always be moving and busy with work. "I haven't seen you in weeks and I don't even get a quick hello or how are you?" said Gale following after him. Hotch turned around to look at Gale. She stopped him before he could reply. "All is forgiven though as we have more pressing matters. Agent Greenway never showed up for her evaluation last night."

Hotch looked at her deadpan. "You're kidding?"

Gale shook her head. "I officially gave the notice this morning. I even called three times and left messages on my work and personal cell, but she isn't calling back." Hotch sighed and started making his way up to his office again. "Should I be concerned?" yells Gale from the bullpen.

"Don't worry about it. I'll handle it."

____________

Hotch had gone over the morning news with Gideon when he got in. After a conversation about what to do, Gideon said that it would be best that the team head to Texas to solve the newest case Hotch would stay back and find Elle. He also recommended that Hotch take Gale along with him. Hotch was confused, but agreed upon it anyway, maybe Gale would find out something he overlooked.

Hotch gave Gale a call and soon they were both driving together to Elle's apartment. Hotch decided to park on the side of the road and initiated a stakeout.

"Why are we just waiting in the car? Can't we just go in?" asked Gale.

"She wouldn't even go to your office. I highly doubt she would willingly open her door even if we asked politely," said Hotch taking off his sunglasses to get a better view of the entrance.