Memories

*Italics: flashbacks
---------——–——–——–——–——–——–—

              "I will erase all the memories
                you left behind
                I hope that none of the
                memories remain"
                               - Done for me, Punch

Si-eun had been staring at the computer screen for an hour.

Her co-workers were in the world of the living, working on a case. Si-eun decided to stay in the office doing the reports that were overdue when she found out which case they would be working on.

Since her conversation with Joong-Gil, she had avoided the hallways of Jumadeung, afraid to run into him. And after some time alone, she decided to go back to work on the RM team.

To be honest, Si-eun didn't like being alone, and had gotten used to the company of others, especially Jun-woong.

She closed her eyes, resting her head on her hands. She couldn't remember how long it had been since she had had a good night's sleep. With the nightmares getting worse, Si-eun decided it was best to avoid sleeping as much as possible. Well, needless to say, the plan was not making her feel any better. Besides, her mind kept coming back to memories of the conversation she had had with the Jade Empress.

- If my dreams are memories of my past life, why doesn't he remember me? - Si-eun looked at the Director, frowning.

The woman sighed, remaining silent for a moment.

- He doesn't remember you because he erased all the memories you were in.

- What? Why would he do that?

- Some people choose to forget because they can't live with the consequences of their choices. Others just can't bear to live in regret or pain. But this is for him to answer.

- No ... that's not fair. - Si-eun shook her head, tilting it down. - What happened to make him want to forget?

The Empress watched Si-eun's sad and confused countenance.

- Do you want to know?

Hearing this, Si-eun raised her head, looking at her with surprise and anticipation, and then nodded.

Standing up, the woman walked around her office desk, walked toward the human, and stopped in front of her.

- Are you sure? - she asked.

- Yes.

She shook her head. She needed to stop thinking about it. She needed to stop remembering what she had seen.
Maybe a walk and a cup of coffee would distract her.

Si-eun leaned against one of the walls of the hospital corridor, holding a cup of coffee in her hand.  It was the first time she had visited the hospital she was in since one of the cases the RM team had, and it made her feel a little guilty.

She stood there for a few minutes, just watching from afar the door of the room where her body was. When she saw her mother leave the room, she felt her heart squeeze. She looked extremely tired and sad. Si-eun wondered if her mother was receiving support from anyone, since her parents were divorced and she had no contact with anyone in her family.  Probably not.

That thought only made her feel even more guilty.

She missed her so much.

Sighing, Si-eun watched her mother disappear from her field of vision, and then turned away, deciding to leave.