Willing To Try

I'M BACK! AND I'M READY AS I'LL EVER BE! WOOHOO LET'S GET INTO THIS RN-

(Edit: Don't mind if it's dry very suddenly cuz I just lost my main genshin acc. Everything I worked for is gone, but I'm contacting Hoyo support and trying to resolve the situation, wish me luck.)

(Edit 2: I gave up on it.)

---

I sighed, prying myself from Lumine's hug and heading toward the door. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be..." I said half-heartedly as I opened the door.

What I did not expect, is to see an unfamiliar face that lived in this house. "Heizou?" I murmured in half shock. Heizou shot me a cheeky smile, "Why it's the famous, beautiful, kind, generous, smart, strong, hug-able, helpful, has-a-great-sense-of-humor, well-known, I-can't-think-of-anymore-compliments, Y/N!"

My face slowly grew red with all the compliments that came out of his mouth until he finally stopped. I tucked my hair behind my ears as an excuse to look away and cool myself off. Lumine caught my expression and gave me a face that made my face grow hotter.

"Hmm? Why the red face, am I that good-looking or do I have a way with words?" Heizou asked leaning down and tilting his head to get a better look at my face as I looked down. "Let's just get to where we need to be," I said, dodging his question.

"Alright, alright~. Kazuha used to be like this, except he kept countering my words, hah~, when did he become so witty?" Heizou crossed his arms behind his head as he sighed.

I laughed, "Really now? He seems so... reserved." Heizou glanced at me, "You'll see that side of him soon the closer you get to him." He responded.

Then silence fell between us as we walked on. "Did you know, Venti told us stories about you when you were friends?" I looked at Heizou, "I thought he forgot about me at that time..."

Logically speaking, if you couldn't contact them at all in any way possible, eventually you'd forget about your friend, right? Maybe it could be a nostalgic memory you could look back on, but there's not too much reason to remember someone like me right?

Unless... I shook my head, brushing the thought away. No, there wasn't any way he could...

"Soo... what kind of case were you busy with? I think it's important enough for you not to meet me." I asked, giving a slightly playful jab on the last part. He jolted at the jab, "C'mon~ don't portray me as some mean, unscrupulous individual..." He whined.

"But about the case... hm, I'll tell you about it later, so it gives me an excuse to meet you later in private!" He shot me a wink. I shook my head, laughing.

I looked down at my hands, maybe singing or dancing wasn't too hard. It's not something you're born good with, but you can work on it over time. In my case, I had plenty of time to learn how to sing well. I balled my hands into fists, right, there's no need to put myself down over this.

"Hey, you might want to look u-" I looked up just in time to slam my face into a door. I heard an audible, "Pff-" I stumbled back into a pair of nimble arms with an "Oomph."

"Y/N!?" The door slammed open as I looked up and recovered from my daze. "Dodged a bullet there, that door would've slammed you into the wall." Heizou hummed and he supported me to stand up.

"Y/N! Are you oka-" I heard Venti's voice and he cut off, seeing me in Heizou's arms. A brief emotion flashed in his eyes. "Oh."

"Yep, I'm fine now. So, are we singing or dancing?" I said as I patted myself off. Venti eyed me curiously, "Singing, and then you'll be dancing with the others tomorrow." 

"Wait, I have to practice both days? And you guys get to rest for a day. You're joking." I said incredulously. "Oh stop whining, you'll get more resting days later on and we need to get you up to sced."

"Pff, 'sced'? I never heard you say that before." I said, giving him a small jab. "I say many different things now, like, you know Candice right?" Venti asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I giggled as they led me to the choreography room.

I took a deep breath, letting everything set in. I am going to try to sing today. "I'll step in here with Y/N first, cya in a bit guys!" Venti said, already pulling me into the soundproof room. "Venti-"

The door closed shut and Venti sat me down. "Y/N." He stared at me, taking my hands in his. "You can always say no." I squeezed his hands, "I know, but I'm willing to try." He expressed concern in his gaze, "You're sure?" He repeated, I nodded, giving him a firm and determined gaze. "Positive."

He sighed, getting up. "Alright, you see this red button here?" He pointed to a normal-looking red button. I nodded. "Kay, you have your phone on you, right?" I nodded once again. "Get a song you like to listen to and sing to it, I'll leave the room, don't worry. Play it on your phone."

I nodded, watching him close the door behind him. I stared a bit more, before looking at the mic, there was a pair of headphones, I presume it was to listen to yourself singing. I tucked it out of view like I was going to use it anyway.

Getting my phone, I got one of 4NEMO's songs I listened to and nearly sang to one time and cleared my voice while I prepared. They were one of my favorites made before Heizou joined the group. I held my hand over the button and pressed it.

----

Heyyy! I decided to post the next chapter today, I had more plans but writer's block is so painful. I was thinking of having you put your favorite song as what to sing, but I thought I shouldn't since the video I put down might get you closer to 5WIRL... Hopefully, I can get back on track soon, but I hope I didn't disappoint you! 😭

I'm also trying to get Tighnari but he's gone in 2 days, wish me luck and manifest! o(TヘTo) 

~Susu