Preparation, Planning, Persuasion

Venti's POV:

I peeked inside the room where all the DCKZ band members were hanging out. My focus though was on Zhongli. The leader of them I'd say. The moment he caught my eye he knew what I came in here for. 

"Hey Zhongli, could I have a quick word?" I asked. "If you don't mind." I quickly added.

"Of course," He replied, and we headed outside of the room. Into a suitable spot to talk about this. We went to a deserted living room with some sofas. 

We sat opposite each other on the sofas. "I'm assuming it's about that?" Zhongli inquired. "Yes." I nodded. "Do you...really think it's them?" This was a first for both of us. I'm sure Zhongli was caught off guard too. 

"I'm not sure..." Zhongli sighed, it looked like he was getting frustrated with himself. "It's possible they could've moved back after you know..." I trailed, both of us let silence fall between us.

"You know Venti, the others were quite surprised that you looked so serious earlier," Zhongli said, trying to lighten the mood. "Really?" I asked not realizing I acted out of sorts.

"Hm, I was a bit more serious than how I really am..." I considered. 

Then an idea started floating into my mind. "Now I'm curious about who got picked..." I pondered slyly. Taking out my phone and logging onto all the social media accounts I remembered this account was on.

Zhongli had quickly caught on to what I was trying to do. "You wanna see if it's her, through what she sent right? Like her picture since that was what we needed." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Okay~, you got me~," I said in defeat, holding one of my hands up. He looked at me for a split second before sighing.

"I suppose you could take a look..." He sighed once again. "Yay!" I cheered triumphantly and started looking through the social media account of my choice.

Deciding to check the most recent ones in hopes that she got picked as the top 10. 

And to my astonishment, a name appeared. Her name. Y/N. And there even was a selfie providing more evidence that it was really Y/N. 

"Zhongli!" I whispered in shock, he took one look at me and realized what might've happened. "What is it?" He asked quickly sitting up.

"It's them! Y/N! She made it in!" I exclaimed. "What? Let me see!" Zhongli got up and hurriedly made his way to my side. He grabbed the phone from my hands and took a few seconds looking at it.

I sat down from the shock, so did Zhongli after handing the phone back to me. We were both trying to digest this newfound information. It took at least half a minute to fully realize what we had seen.

"Oh, my archons! I could literally hug you right now!" I exclaimed. I sprung up extremely excited with a thousand scenarios going through my head about Y/N, one being in particular... Nevermind.

"Please don't." Zhongli interrupted scooting away from me. "I'm joking, I'm joking!" I laughed, then I realized something after my adrenaline had calmed down. "But, what about the others? I don't know if they will pick her." I asked, getting a tad bit doubtful.

"Simple," Zhongli replied. "We convince them."

"Oh! Piece of cake!" I confidently said. "Well then, what are you waiting for?" He asked.

"Let's get to business."

---   ...   ---

I walked into the room my 5WIRL friends were lounging in (excluding Heizou). Kazuha and Aether looked to be playing chess, and they looked pretty serious too. I don't really like chess, it's a mind game, and I'm not a fan of anything I need to put my brainpower in. Xiao on the other hand was just on his phone getting comfortable. With a permanent half-frown etched on his face. He acts so emo.

Looking back at Kazuha and Aether I noticed Kazuha smirking while Aether was worried. Seems like Aether's not doing so well. Then Kazuha moved a piece and said, "Checkmate." 

Aether lay on the floor in defeat. "Nooo~!" He whined. "Not fair!" He pouted sitting up. Kazuha laughed in turn, "I just have more experience, I'm sure you'll beat me next time Aether." 

"More like never..." Aether huffed, Kazuha didn't seem to hear it.

"Hey, guys!" I finally decided to say. "Hi!" Aether replied, Kazuha gave a wave and Xiao nodded. Xiao may be acting all cold but he actually cares about us a lot. Just doesn't like showing it. 

"So~, remember when I told you guys about my friend?" I asked, plopping down next to Xiao on the sofa. Aether and Kazuha were sitting on pillows on the floor. 

"Oh, I remember! Y/N right?" Aether recalled. Xiao perked up just the slightest from the name. "Mhm!" I nodded.

"What could this be about Venti?" Kazuha asked. 'You've never talked about your friend in a while, so correct me if I'm wrong but would this be about the announcement?" He picked up everything I was laying down immediately.

"You got me~." I sighed. "At least tell us!" Aether insisted. "Well, I might as well," I responded.

"So~..." I trailed making more suspense. They all leaned in to hear, even Xiao.

"...Y/N, got picked as the top 10!"

--- Zhongli's POV: ---

As soon as I returned back to my friend's and our lounging room, Childe was by my side in an instant. "So~ Zhongli, what was that about? Hm? You guys got into another fight...?" Childe asked slyly with a sinister look on his face.

"No actually, it's quite the opposite," I responded. "Well, regardless of a fight or not we are curious as to why Venti had looked so serious. We've never seen this side to him, so do tell Zhongli." Kaeya said gesturing to Childe and Diluc.

"I don't pry into personal information Kaeya." Diluc interrupted, glaring at Kaeya.

"Don't be so hostile Diluc. Maybe this won't be something personal in due time." Kaeya laughed hinting at something. Diluc sighed in return.

"Well, since I had intended to share some news for you guys. I don't see why not." I replied, breaking up the brothers quarreling. If you could call it that.

They all waited for what I was gonna say, honestly, I've never seen such interest in them in a while. It's a bit disturbing, to say the least. "This is regarding the announcement we made and the top 10 picked." Diluc instantly lost his small amount of interest and went back to his own business. 

"And it seems to involve my...friend. I'm sure you know her, she's Y/N." I added, Diluc once again regained his interest and looked back at me.

"Oh?" Kaeya hummed in interest. "Correct me if I'm wrong but, you want us to vote for her I believe?" Childe presumed. I nodded. "Consider it done!" Childe said.

"How could I turn down a friend asking me for help?" Kaeya laughed, showing he agrees. I glanced at Diluc who gave a nod saying he agrees as well.

"Perfect."

Zhongli said "Perfect." Btw- Uhmmm I'm sorry for not publishing this sooner. I've been too busy farming primos! I got Eula and my 5000 primos went down the drain sadly. I'm gonna try to get Albedo now so Imma be busy. Hope you liked it! (I'm not flexing I swear)

~Susu