Prologue

Reflections of two cats glimmered in a pool of dark, murky water. A vision of two cats. Being so happy together. She didn't know who they were or anything, she just knew they were just normal, happy Clan cats.

Webflower felt rage swirl inside her. She brought up her ginger paws and slammed them in the water.

The vision disappeared from the puddle. Webflower had splashed murky water in her orange pelt. It was slightly stained now, a shade darker, browner.

She scoffed and brought her paws out, grooming them and casting an occasional glare at the water. Stupid cats. Clan cats. She hated them. With all her broken heart.

Why did they get to be so happy? So carefree? So... content? When she had nothing.

Webflower cringed and stood up, shaking her ginger pelt.

"Stupid Clan cats. They don't know what's coming their way."

She stalked into the darkness of the Dark Forest. An occasional root or bone got in her way, she simply stepped over them.

She growled, baring her teeth. She lowered her head.

They would pay for all they did. For being so ignorant. For being so careless!

Webflower dug her claws into the ground. Stupid Clan cats. Stupid Clans.

She felt a sensation come over her body. A new presence, in the Dark Forest. Living. Nearby. But who? This place only contained dead cats! But the presence was so young and full of energy.

"Ouch-..Ugh."

A voice.

Webflower stalked through the shadows and spotted a dappled figure.

This was her chance.

She could change everything.