ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ²

Hello, my lovely readers, I hope you are all well

Hello, my lovely readers, I hope you are all well. I can't believe the amount of attention this book has when I only released a teaser chapter! Words can't express how grateful I am for your support. I know that this update comes to you late, but I have been busy for a while I lost interest in writing, only coming out of the hospital the other day due to a seizure I had after work. I am fine now however and ready to write as we head into the new year! Consider this a late Christmas present :)

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and I can't wait to see you all in the new year!

- Liz

They were ready to leave almost 10 minutes after Dudley's loud singing declaration. Now they were in the car, growing closer and closer to their destination with each car rumble and wheel rotation.

"What are you both looking forward to seeing?" Petunia asked from the front seat. "We haven't seen the lions in a long time, Dudders. I know how you love their manes. Oh, do you remember the pictures of his first Halloween costume, Vernon? He looked so cute! And the second one with Atlas in her little sun hat and Dudley with the moon one? Adorable!" Atlas forgot how worked up her Aunt could get over spoiling and taking embarrassing pictures for later. And she took the liberties to place Halloween pictures up around that time, no matter how weird their costumes got over the years. Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, and two goblins. The goblin one was the worst. Last minute and weird.

"We remember Auntie P," Atlas said while rolling her eyes and shuddering slightly at the memories before turning to Dudley. "So Big D, how does it feel to finally be eleven?"

"I honestly don't even know, all I can say is that I am here with my parents and sister from another mister. It wouldn't be the same without you Atty." He replies softly and her heart melted on the spot, her cousin could be so sweet at times.

When the car finally stopped, Vernon turned around to look at her, a stern yet soft expression adorning his face. "Now, while I want you both to have fun, remember not to do any magic around other families, Atlas. I am so proud that you have magic and I love you for it, but you AND Petunia told us all that magic was meant to remain a secret. Plus we don't want all of those stuck-up, aristocratic government idiots breathing down our necks and sticking their noses into things that aren't their business."

Vernon then turned to Dudley and said, "Dudley, you look after your cousin okay." When the both of them gave nods of confirmation, a look of satisfaction crossed Vernon's face and his features relaxed, "Now, let's get out of this car and let the fun start!"

꧁★꧂

Atlas could see her cousin shudder in fear as they passed the feline enclosure, and so, out of the good of her heart, she suggested they visit the reptiles to make Dudley somewhat happier. As much as the young girl hated to see the snakes, who constantly showed up outside her house when the sun came up, her cousin loved the creatures. Their iron and glass enclosure fit their natural habitat. She could see inside a large python, its eyes all-knowing and lonely.